Question about interior.

LeoY

Reaction score
Is it possible to swap the seat covers from cloth to leather (provided the leather is of the 6th gen coupe)?

We have a pull it yourself junkyard in Chicago that has about 30 accords in the lot, it's an hour and a half away from me. I was wondering if with our seats having the airbag sensor, it was possible to do the swap.

I actually just want to swap my whole interior, but since they are far, and I don't have an easy access to a truck, I just thought about going up there and pulling all of the leather interior pieces/covers, along with the passenger side seat cushions (my driver one is starting to get rough). Also this way I could install the heated pads when I took my seats apart.

Anyways any output on this would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to drive that far, and spend all the time tearing the stuff apart, if in the end it can't even be done.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I'd just find some other leather seats with the side airbag. You can take the covers but that will be a lot of work and just get doesn't seem worth it to me. if your cushion is bad then you basically need a new seat anyways. Maybe try and find someone parting out closer to you?

LeoY

Reaction score
I thought about that, I wouldn't even mind buying the whole seat, I'm just thinking that a used driver would still have a lot of butt miles on it, so since the passenger is used a lot less, I figured I'd pull the cushion out of that.

I think I might pull the whole back bench. But get the covers and the cushion for my driver side. I read up on the swaps, but I like being able to fold the back seat, and all the ones I have seen you couldn't do it.

Thank you for taking the time to read and for advice though.

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
The leather back seats don't fold down? That's weird. Didn't know that. If you plan on swapping id try taking apart your seat first and seeing just how much of a task it is. Good luck with whatever you choose.

LeoY

Reaction score
No they do, just not the ones from the swaps other than accord. Anyways, I think I am partially gonna go with what you recommended, since they pretty much just leave you to your own devices at that yard, I think I will take apart leather and cloth seat while I'm up there, and see just how hard it would be to swap them. Free practice run.

Thank you again!

Back