how many MPG do you guys get?

LeoY

Reaction score
LOL. Still good mpg for a V6 being an AH imo.

I get 26~28 on hwy, 19~21 city on my V6, and I don't follow "low 'n slow".

Sometimes I wish mine were 5spd I-4 and get 30+ mpg..

Oh I am not complaining for a second! And Sometimes I can relate to the I-4 sentiment, but then a friend of mine asks me to drive her 6th gen 5spd sedan back from our ski/snowboard trips, and I instantly miss my v6, when I try to pass anyone going 70 on Michigan roads (speed limit on most of their highways)!!!

Last edited:

armourbl

Reaction score
My first tank on the 2002 couple 2.3L VTEC that I just got came out to 25 mpg. That is stop and go commute, around town driving, some clean freeway, etc. Hoping I can get a bit better.

ben

CokeZero

Reaction score
I'm getting around 30. has it been sitting for a long time? how far do you drive?

Same here.

You want to fill up a couple times and note the miles each time and do an average of all. If you have a lead foot, at tranny running at higher rpms than it should, ac on the entire time, ect are things i see other people considering.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
When I lived up north I was getting 15-18, all city stop and go terrible roads and hills. I thought it was the trans slipping causing poor MPG and didn't think anything of it... but I have since moved back to SoCal and my commute again is all city. However, I drive on long level flat roads now and hardly have any lights so, much less stop and go. I average 24-28 depending on how much I lay into it. I was extremely surprised on how much of a difference there was in MPG. Oh and I use my A/C everyday now, where as up north I never used it.

On the drive from NorCal to SoCal I got 32! drafting the U-Haul the entire time. Never thought it possible with at this age and mileage, lol.

V6 213k miles and original engine and trans.

kn0x47

Reaction score
Isn't that the same thing? I filled up 15 gallons, reset the meter, then drove till close to empty, then divided the 15 gallons by the # of miles.

If I filled it up afterward, it should still take about 15 gallons to fill up I'm assuming, right?

As for everyone else, I got varying answers, but mine still seems the lowest. Yeah my car was mostly sitting around for about 6 years (I came back every 2 years or so and drove it daily, but most of the time my dad would just start it every now and then but not drive it too much). Now I'm back and drive it daily.

I don't do highway, just local roads, but don't really drive like an asshole.

put some sea foam in the gas tank and let it get up to redline every few weeks. there's probably some carbon buildup.

i worked 5 mins from my house for two years so i was always shutting my car off as soon as it warmed up. It caused my mpg to go down and it took several months of interstate driving to get the mpg back up

armourbl

Reaction score
The way I believe you should calculate is:

-- Fill your tank up. Be consistent. If you top off, then top off. If you don't, then don't. Do this for the next fill up as well.
-- Reset your Trip A.
-- Drive as far as you dare on that tank of gas
-- Fill your tank again. Mark down how much gas went into the tank. That is how much gas you used.
-- Divide the amount of fuel that went in with the miles on your Trip A.

ben

armourbl

Reaction score
Got 28 mpg on last tank. Tried to drive more conservatively, but didn't necessarily baby it everywhere. Much happier with this result. Not bad for a car with 180,000+ miles.

ben

Back