Talontsiawd's 2002 Ex Coupe 5 speed (Updated 7/8/06)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
blacknight said:
Looks good.

When ur ready to get rid of your stock wheels, let me know.
I always wanted the coupe stock wheels
I'm going to save them. I actually want to get rims very soon as they are starting to get to the point of being done. I just would like something if i want to go up to the snow, etc. But if i hear about anyone out here trying to sell, i'll let them know i know someone who might be interested.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
stocks and steelies = winter wheels don't know why people sell their stockers..always handy to have them

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Finally took a pck of the engine bay
enginebaycopyrq3.jpg

Jeffro

Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
I polished the strutbar, heatshield and lettering by hand. Sandpaper and polishing compound.

Wanna do that for mine? lol :rofl:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
It depends, i've done it serveral ways on several cars. You can use just fine steal wool. It will be shinney and will look pretty similar to that, but have a bit different shine to to very small scratches. Looks damn good though. The easiest way, just go in one direction for the best look--15 min tops

You can also fully polish it, to where it is as shinny as every other polished part. But i'm 99% that it's not 100% alumminum, just coated. I did it on my talon and it looked damn good. But when i redid it, i think i went past the coating or something. It would turn purple then black. If you are careful, this looks by far the best--6-12 hours or so by hand

What i did...Sort of semi polish it. Just 1000 grit, then 2000. Didn't get through all the casting just most. Then polishing compound. Sort of a "satin polish". You can see reflections well but not mirror-3 hours or so by hand.

One thing i can't stress enough, get all the compound off if you do polish it. That thing gets HOT obviously (look at the logo on it :D) so the compound can leave some nasty marks that will need to be resanded and polished.

theaccordian

Reaction score
good god. thats a clean engine bay. I can cook breakfast on and then eat of that heatshield!!

I know youre stance on keeping the engine stock, but at least remove the resonator! once you take it out and see that useless, heavy, air flow disturbing, heat soaking, power robbing contraption youll be glad.

Back