98 Accord misfires when floored

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
They are sumitomo and probably have about 40,000 miles on them. They have been tugged on a bit from me checking sparkplugs and compression a few times. I'll test the resistance on them and post the results tonight when i get home.

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
I tested the resistance of the spark plug wires and here's the results:
cylinder 1: 5.72KΩ/ft
cylinder 2: 5.68KΩ/ft
cylinder 3: 5.89KΩ/ft
cylinder 4: 6.00KΩ/ft

Also on the way home I got it to misfire again, this time on cylinders 1 & 2

Last edited:

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
Could a faulty EGR valve be to blame for this? The car was throwing a code about it having insufficient lift and would start running rough around 1500-2000 rpm, but it seemed to fix itself. The light went out and the car starting running smooth again.

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
I just replaced the spark plugs (NGK ZFR5F-11) and that didn't fix it. I already have a new EGR valve so I'm gonna try swapping that out later tonight. Also my dad told me that the spark plug wires weren't replaced at the tune up so they will get replaced when I have the chance. I'm thinking about getting NGK blues what do you guys think?

james'99

Reaction score
I just replaced the spark plugs (NGK ZFR5F-11) and that didn't fix it. I already have a new EGR valve so I'm gonna try swapping that out later tonight. Also my dad told me that the spark plug wires weren't replaced at the tune up so they will get replaced when I have the chance. I'm thinking about getting NGK blues what do you guys think?

I think Denso is the OE so I would go with those personally.

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
In the manual it says you can either use the NGKs I bought or the densos but I went with NGKs because thats what was in the car.

Back