98 Accord misfires when floored

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
I just replaced the spark plug wires with some NGK blues and the problem still persists. Any other ideas of what it could be?

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
Not the original but i have replaced them with a set that i know is good. They probably have less than 1500 miles on them

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
No i have not. I'll try that now. Also the valves are probably due for an adjustment. I don't think its ever been done. Also when adjusting the valves do I need to replace the valve cover gasket or is it possible to reuse the old one. After flipping through the service manual I don't see anything about a gasket. Is there any gasket?

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
No i have not. I'll try that now. Also the valves are probably due for an adjustment. I don't think its ever been done. Also when adjusting the valves do I need to replace the valve cover gasket or is it possible to reuse the old one. After flipping through the service manual I don't see anything about a gasket. Is there any gasket?

Yeah, there is a gasket. Even when doing my timing belt, I never replaced the gasket. In fact, on most Hondas, I don't replace that particular gasket. Never had one leak. But, if it leaks, you'll know and replace it or if you want to be safer than sorry, just replace it.

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
Ok thanks and I did find where it talks about it in the service manual and it talks about puting RTV in the corners, is that necessary and if so would AutoZone or the likes have it?

james'99

Reaction score
Ok thanks and I did find where it talks about it in the service manual and it talks about puting RTV in the corners, is that necessary and if so would AutoZone or the likes have it?

I think the service manual says to put RTV in the corners on the valve cover side, not the head side. And usually, the gasket stays with the valve cover so no worries there. If you need though, Autozone will have RTV.

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
Cool thanks. I will try this on Thursday because thats the only day I have enough free time before i need to drive the car somewhere. I'll post back with the results when its all said and done

Back