98 Accord misfires when floored

james'99

Reaction score
Yes I do and I just resoldered it yesterday and It's still having problems. It died several times yesterday when I was trying to move it from up by the house into the barn. And if it is a fuel issue which part should I check first?

Inspect injector wiring. Have any animal problems?

Also, is it narrowed to a particular cylinder? Are your engine grounds good?

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
It'll probably be tomorrow before I can check the injector wiring but i'm pretty sure its on all cylinders. And the only animal problem I have is cats sitting on the car. Also I bought a fuel pressure tester from harbor freight. Its the $89 master kit, but i still have to figure out where to connect it at

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
I checked the injector wires and sprayed some electronic contact cleaner on the terminals and I also checked the ground wires going to the engine and they seemed good and the connections were tight. I also pulled the vacuum line off of the fuel regulator and there was no fuel present in the vacuum line. Also i could hear the engine rev up slightly when i pulled the vacuum line off of the FPR but when I stuck my finger on the end of the vacuum hose the engine sounded the same as when it was on the FPR.

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
Today it's been around 0 degrees here in North West Ohio and I took my car on three separate trips with several hours between each one and the car hasn't messed up once. So I'm thinking it might not be completely temperature related but we will see how tomorrow goes.

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
Its been running perfectly for 4 days now. The only thing I can think of that I did right before it started running right was get gas and a car wash, but I don't know why that would have made a difference. I've filled it up several times since this started happening and at several different gas stations so I wouldn't think it was bad gas. Sometimes I think my car has a mind of its own and this is just its way of telling me it wants something like a car wash. :eh: Or maybe it found out that I have some new headlights and taillights on the way and just wanted to thank me.

Last edited:

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
I know this is unrelated but does a 0-60 time of around 14-15 seconds sound normal for a 4 cylinder accord with an automatic transmission and almost 250,000 miles on it. Also the car is pretty much stock. It used to have a code for catalytic converter below efficiency threshold or something like that until I put a spacer on the O2 sensor.

james'99

Reaction score
I know this is unrelated but does a 0-60 time of around 14-15 seconds sound normal for a 4 cylinder accord with an automatic transmission and almost 250,000 miles on it. Also the car is pretty much stock. It used to have a code for catalytic converter below efficiency threshold or something like that until I put a spacer on the O2 sensor.

14-15 sounds high to me. Can you post a video?

Back