Cg3 5spd rpm hanging

6thgenwarrior

Reaction score
Hey so last night on my way home I noticed my rpms hang around 3000 when I push the clutch in it'll hang for a while then drop to normal But it decreases really slow everything is clean and lubed I made sure of that already just wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem with the f23 and knows a fix thanks guys!!!

james'99

Reaction score
Are you using cruise control? Is your foot fully off gas when you push in clutch. When you push in the clutch, it shouldn't just drop to zero. It should have slight "hang"

6thgenwarrior

Reaction score
Yeah I'll get one in the morning it just hangs for a while then it'll drop but when I first cranked it she idled way to high so I'm thinking idle control sensor the rpm goes up and down a lot after it warms up but it stays between 1200 & 1800 it normally idels we'll under 1000

james'99

Reaction score
Yeah I'll get one in the morning it just hangs for a while then it'll drop but when I first cranked it she idled way to high so I'm thinking idle control sensor the rpm goes up and down a lot after it warms up but it stays between 1200 & 1800 it normally idels we'll under 1000

Also, check to see if your throttle cable is hanging up on the throttle body. Maybe some rust has accumulated causing it not to retract that fast.

6thgenwarrior

Reaction score
The throttle cable is working freely I've already check it I've looked for vacuum leaks. No I'm at a loss of ideas unless it is the idle control valve but due to its high cost I'm still holding out hope

james'99

Reaction score
The throttle cable is working freely I've already check it I've looked for vacuum leaks. No I'm at a loss of ideas unless it is the idle control valve but due to its high cost I'm still holding out hope

I haven't seen an IACV go bad on our cars. They just get clogged. Also, the idle air control valve only has any function at idle. You might consider cleaning the throttle body for starters if you think there really is a problem.

Aman

Reaction score
I second cleaning the throttle body.

Also, what do you consider high idle? When my car is cold it idles around 1500-1600 rpm.

rooky

Reaction score
Great question because if he's bumping close to 2000rpm someone mess with the throttle cable adjustment.

Back