Code P0505 With a Strange AfterMath

xci.ed6

Reaction score
The diaphagm tears.

55360-004-A413A25E.jpg

Pop the line at the booster, plug the line.

Test, do NOT drive!

Better, right?

irtiza18

Reaction score
The diaphagm tears.

55360-004-A413A25E.jpg

Pop the line at the booster, plug the line.

Test, do NOT drive!

Better, right?

Dont wanna sound stupid or anything just trying to get it clear, youre saying to disconnect the line from brake booster and plug it meaning to close it am i right?

james'99

Reaction score
Dont wanna sound stupid or anything just trying to get it clear, youre saying to disconnect the line from brake booster and plug it meaning to close it am i right?

Yes, he just wants you to put your thumb over it or something like that to make sure there isn't air entering through the brake booster.

irtiza18

Reaction score
Yes, he just wants you to put your thumb over it or something like that to make sure there isn't air entering through the brake booster.

Alright ill check by unplugging the line and just covering the line, what am i suppose to be aware of besides air entering the chamber? Weather's gotton colder, the rpm didnt wanna go down to normal idling range today.

james'99

Reaction score
Alright ill check by unplugging the line and just covering the line, what am i suppose to be aware of besides air entering the chamber? Weather's gotton colder, the rpm didnt wanna go down to normal idling range today.

Well, the test will confirm whether unwanted air is entering through the brake booster. Are both vacuum lines on your IACV?

irtiza18

Reaction score
Well, the test will confirm whether unwanted air is entering through the brake booster. Are both vacuum lines on your IACV?

Haven't done the vacuum test, im moving to a new house soon so its time consuming. Anyways i wanted to give you guys more observations from this past two weeks.

Highway driving around 40 to 60 mph if i apply the brakes or let go the gas pedal, engine will start to shake and you can feel like crazy, and you have to keep pressing the gas pedal itself to not have it shake. But it goes away after a while.

Coming to a stop = 1,000 RPM. At Park = 1,100? to 1,150 RPM

One afternoon, i was starting it up, and the rpm was at LOW like it idles at 300 rpm and felt like it was gunna stall out, you had to press the gas pedeal to get it up and going and take a small drive.

Unplugged the IACV to see RPM change. RPM goes up and stays in one spot like 1,500 RPM.

Its getting cold out here in New York, and i dont want this issue to affect my only ride :(

james'99

Reaction score
Sorry to hear bud. But yeah, air is intruding somewhere. Not sure what that does for your issues at higher speeds though it may be related.

irtiza18

Reaction score
Sorry to hear bud. But yeah, air is intruding somewhere. Not sure what that does for your issues at higher speeds though it may be related.
\

Maybe it could be the new IACV which is aftermarket. Since many prefer a OEM and a "maybe" vacuum leak hidden somewhere. waddaya know a two in one situation :computer:

james'99

Reaction score
\

Maybe it could be the new IACV which is aftermarket. Since many prefer a OEM and a "maybe" vacuum leak hidden somewhere. waddaya know a two in one situation :computer:

I reached out to another buddy of mine on this forum who may have an OEM spare to sell you.

CyrusSaurusRex

Reaction score
I had the exact same situation a couple of weeks ago after starting to drive the accord from it sitting for a couple weeks. After a week of various tests and head-scratching I put in a new fuel pump and the problem was solved. You should still double check all vacuum lines to make sure you can rule that out if not the issue but also check your fuel delivery.

Back