Car revs to 5000 then seems to hit rev limiter

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
I think its definitely the cat. I'm actually at the muffler shop now having the new one installed but on the way here it gave out completely. The car struggled to get up to 25mph and started whistling as the exhaust was trying to escape.

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
Its running like a brand new car but I'm heading down to Columbus later to look at the other car. I really like mine but the car I found in Columbus is what I really want. The only thing its missing is a spoiler

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
I bought the new car. Its not as nice looking as when u got yours. The paint isn't the best and there's clear coat missing in places and over spray on some of the chrome but nothing that can't be fixed. The hood also doesn't line up perfectly. But its mechanically sound

james'99

Reaction score
I bought the new car. Its not as nice looking as when u got yours. The paint isn't the best and there's clear coat missing in places and over spray on some of the chrome but nothing that can't be fixed. The hood also doesn't line up perfectly. But its mechanically sound

The picture makes it look good. It was dented really bad. I literally just finished getting everything done last week so the exterior with the exception of the wheels is just about 100%. Not a dent on the car. Enjoy the 5 speed!

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
Thanks and so far i am enjoying it. I still like the 5 speed in our mustang GT a little better but ill get used to it. I'm going to start a memeber's ride thread here in a moment and i'll have some more stuff about it there.

james'99

Reaction score
I had a 1998 Cobra as a loaner while mine was in the body shop. I liked it but I still preferred the Accord. I think it is all a matter of the transmissions we are used to, you know?

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
I had a 1998 Cobra as a loaner while mine was in the body shop. I liked it but I still preferred the Accord. I think it is all a matter of the transmissions we are used to, you know?

I agree. I learned how to drive a stick on my grandpa's Rav4 which I hate then perfected the skill on the mustang and now I have to get used to having to shift an Accord

Varnell

Reaction score
I wish my black coupe looked that clean. Nice pickup. I had the same issue with my V6's cat getting clogged.

Back