Odd Highway Surging from code P0325?

Gabe

Reaction score
What's up guys! New to the form.

Long story short, I pulled the Engine and Auto Trans out of my car due to the transmission going out. I went through the motor and replaced the knock sensor, oil pressure switch, most seals on it, timing belt, water pump, valve adjustment, cleaned EGR ports, etc. I swapped in a 5 speed from another 6th gen accord, put in a 5 speed ECU as well.

I was driving the car on the highway for the first time after getting it together, and I noticed this odd surge thing the motor was doing while cruising. It feels like it sucks back and loses power for a second, then it kinda bumps back to normal and starts cruising again. It would consistently do that back in forth in 3 second intervals with a steady throttle input on a flat stretch of highway.

Would that knock sensor malfunction cause something like that? Why is a brand new sensor throwing a code?

Also, the car feels kinda down on power in general, it seemed like it had more juice when it had the automatic, which doesn't make sense. I'm wondering if this could tie in with the surging issue.

Gabe

Reaction score
I have not, due to trying to break my new clutch in properly. I would be happy to oblige though. May I ask why though?

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
No real reason behind it except maybe blow out some carbon build up and keep things exercised.

And because it's fun

seb9316

Reaction score
Are you sure the P0135 code is the only one you are getting?
My 99 recently threw this code along with a P0401 code wihch is insufficient EGR flow. I haven't heard of the 0135 code causing the issue you are describing but the clogged EGR passage WILL cause what you are experiencing and it doesn't always throw a code.

Gabe

Reaction score
Update, the car's now in limp mode. Won't rev past 3000 rpm. I'll check what codes it's throwing again.

Back