DIY: Using OEM Fog Switch with Civic Harness and Foglights

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
20-CG5-01 - the wiring is for the switch only, the way the switch works depends solely on how the fogs themselves are wired in.

Yeah I know. Im just adding my .02 if they wired it according to yours and have the lights on no matter what.

Just remember that ebay wiring is stupid so you have to play with thw wires to have it fuctional, just dont mess up with the ground and power lol.

ryandude

Reaction score
i have a quick question.
how do you connect the wires to the stock oem fog switch?
cause i am trying to heat shrink and that is not working. should i like..idk.. i am completely lost on how to connect wires to the oem stock switch without a harness

SuperMidget

Reaction score
The ones I got off of ebay said they were for my 02 accord, but the OEM switch had 6 pins and did not sit in the module flush at all, it was too small.. so I just tuck in under my dash :p

RallyMachine

Reaction score
I recently got a set of ebay civic fogs from a guy on craigslist and thought I'd share my wiring scheme since the plugs were different from what Nikita posted.

Obviously you won't want to wire the plug to the switch, but I made the picture such that you're connecting the wires that came from the ebay plug. I shortened the wires on my civic plug and found that the two red wires come from the same lead. So that leaves you with 1 red wire, 1 black wire and 1 yellow wire that come from the fog lights/relay you just ran.

So basically you splice together both 12v power leads and then do the same with the two ground leads so you now have 3 total leads. so then connect the black to the ground, red to the 12v power, and yellow to switch lead.

Hopefully that's not too confusing, but if you have any questions about this plug schematic you can just PM me.

FogPlug021.jpg

synchromash

Reaction score
This may seem like a dumbass question, but what is the difference in fog light fit between the coupe and 4-door bumpers? (1998) My searching has turned up no specific information on this yet but a thread MUST exist somewhere!
I'm hoping to buy an eBay fog light kit http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-2002-H...rd&hash=item48456ef391&vxp=mtr#ht_3508wt_1163 and am truly unsure as to whether or not there will be a legitimate fit issue. It seemed like posting here might be a good start..?

Cheers,
Mike

EDIT: Kit to go in a 1998 coupe EX. Anyone know of users who have installed these smoked lenses in their rides?

Last edited:

Wagnasty

Reaction score
I really hate to bump such an old thread. Most of the pictures are not working but there is some good info. Any way I bought an OEM fog light switch from Honda for my 2000 accord. I want to wire them up to my civic fogs that I Iinstalled. How would I wire the switch to make the switch light up like the cruise does when I turn my lights on? I am going to be running a relay to control my fogs. Sense the pictures were not working i was hoping someone could help me.

On a side note i wanted to be able to unplug the switch if needed. I couldnt find a factory fog light switch pigtail for sale. But i did find out that the one in my accord wagon fit. So the 94-97 Accord fog light plug fits. You just have to move 2 of the pins.
94-97 switch on the left.
oqbmg1.jpg

158auz4.jpg

14jb20z.jpg

You can see that the 94-97 accord has 2 rows where the other has one.
3004s1x.jpg

The 2 black wires need to be moved down to the 2 empty slots.
3004s1x.jpg

11qu1ba.jpg

Any help on figuring out the wiring would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

FNCONE

Reaction score
picture.php

Pin 7 and 8 are the lighted illumination. Tap into the same color ones (red and red/black) from your cruise control and it will turn on with your lights. If not check your bulb.

***Tip***

Cut Your Pigtails Longer Next Time.

Wagnasty

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I didn't cut that pigtail it came on a switch i bought. No big deal though.

Back