RLX headlight retro

Ccrew95

Reaction score
Acura just released a recall on the RLX headlights so my mom will be taking hers in within the next couple of months. I told her that if they need to replace them, then she needs to ask to keep the old ones so that I can do a retrofit onto my 2000 coupe. Any thoughts?

Teesak

Reaction score
The dealer will want them back/want you to buy them. Its all about the $$$

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yeah, the old "I'd like my old parts back so I know you actually installed new parts" request probably won't work here. But hey you can try.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
yah, typically, any warr parts are requested back at the parts depo,

basically the dealer gets a trade, old for new.

They get new with no old? They pay for em!

Ccrew95

Reaction score
Well, I had high hopes for em. Still gonna try and convince them to give em back.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
There is probably a liability factor as well, since it's a recall part they don't want any bad ones out there to cause future problems for consumers, or them. They might even inventory the recalled parts as they come back in.

What was the recall for, anyway?

diamond1998

Reaction score
As techs doing warranty work, Honda/Acura wants the old ones back upon request. If they request them and we didnt get the repair order stamped that we returned them to the parts dept., WE have to pay for them. It's happened... I almost had to buy a throttle body from a pilot because it got misplaced... luckily we found it.

Back