Headlights

01AccordCoupeEx

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I just bought a 2001 Accord Coupe ex 5 speed. I was looking into replacing the headlights and didn't know what i should choose. I was thinking about but on halos but then i saw the TYC black housing projectors. Those headlights are sweet but i heard that the halos and the TYC headlights are very that reliable cause they cant be ajusted and they burn out fast. what should i do? should i still buy some and go with it or but go with the black housing doing it myself by popping it in the open. Thanks for the help :run:

brettg4215

Reaction score
dont go TYC
personally i think halos belong on bmw and bmw's alone, not for an accord
buy some stock lights and black house them yourself or if you can afford it, give a retrofit a try... you wont be disatisfied

ActNow

Reaction score
dont go TYC
buy some stock lights and black house them yourself or if you can afford it, give a retrofit a try... you wont be disatisfied

So True.:rwerd:

Sna1L

Reaction score
dont go TYC

i strongly agree, i think halos only belong on beamers, but i think black housing looks really nice, i have blackhoused headlights i think it looks nice and cleaaaan

BBMF00accord

Reaction score
do not get ebay projectors. that is all

the output on tyc projectors with HID's compared to ebay halo's is day and night...the projectors in tyc's are wayyy better than ebay ones...but none compare to retrofits

id say black house your stocks til you can afford retrofits or if your willing to take a minor hit in light output the tyc's arent that bad of a choice...anything is better than ebay angel eye projectors.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
do not get ebay projectors. that is all

QFT!!!

Stick with your stock housings, blackhouse them, or depending on the colour of your car, colour match them to the body colour.

IF you must get a glare kit, but I would suggest you check around because there are retro parts/complete sets for sale, and for good prices. Your best bet would be a retro, so I would suggest saving up.

Plenty of options for what to use for a retro, so be sure to search.

Back