ideas for ventilating the car while parked in the hot sun

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Yeah, put solar fans in back widows. I'd make em blow-in, not out. Car has vents for air-out in trunk, minus whale replace hot air w/ cold directly.

Or mount solar panel to roof attach to hvac fan & vent control w/ relay for auto-on. Could even add thermo switch so it turns on only when hot.

zabe1

Reaction score
all great ideas. I like the simple window visor idea, its cheap and no work involved. I also like that I can hack the auto cool and make it work better, I would not want to take it off every so often, plus my back windows and back windshield are all tinted, so i would have to put the unit in the front if I did the hack.

I like the idea of engineering the original vents to suck air out, but that might be out of my realm of expertise. Mounting the solar panel near the back window and having it blow to the trunk seems like the best option if I plan to do any mods at all.

I do know one thing. i'm def getting the window visor today!

zabe1

Reaction score
btw, xci

what did you mean by Car has vents for air-out in trunk? i didn't understand sorry.

02accordcoupe

Reaction score
I've tried many variations of cooling the car. I bought two 2x2 inch computer fans and a USB solar panel charger for quick charging on the go. This thing would easily power the fans for a good 8 hours+. What I ended up doing was mounted them in the actual air vents above the radio. So when I would get out, I would put my sunshade up, and turn them on. This worked fine, but I felt like the air flow was a little hindered when the regular air conditioning was on. I tried coming up with some idea of venting out of the sunroof if there wasn't any rain in the forecast, but that didn't end up working to my satisfaction. I have taken apart my rig and just take advantage of my tinted windows and use my sunshade all the time.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Power oem hvac blower.

automotive-relay3.jpg

30= blower
70= factory wire
70a= solar panel
85= ign power
86= gnd

Last edited:

kleen98accord

Reaction score
Window tint not an option? Window visors (crack windows on opposites sides front to back).

Back