sonni_kuba 2001 'Mugen' J32A2/6MT Accord

sunroof

Reaction score
i also have a 6 speed swapped cg, it's a 2000 sedan, I just had the clutch done on it, I was going to go 3.2 type s and TL 6 speed with LSD, but I just kept it the normal 7th gen 6 speed and j30, im going to sell it

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
i also have a 6 speed swapped cg, it's a 2000 sedan, I just had the clutch done on it, I was going to go 3.2 type s and TL 6 speed with LSD, but I just kept it the normal 7th gen 6 speed and j30, im going to sell it

Sorry to hear you're selling, but I'm sure you'll find plenty interested buyers.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exhaust system sounds fantastic!

Thanks for the support using Vibrant Mufflers. I work at Vibrant :)

Thanks, glad you like! I got them for the look and price, very pleasantly surprised at the growl :)

HonDoc

Reaction score
Wow. j32, i bet it rips.
Really sweet. I really like the way it sits.
one day i'll get there too fingers crossed.

JV6

Reaction score
Great job on the swap, this was my original plan aswell but in 5spd tiptronic if my engine/tranny ever fails which is unlikely soon lol

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. j32, i bet it rips.
Really sweet. I really like the way it sits.
one day i'll get there too fingers crossed.

Great job on the swap, this was my original plan aswell but in 5spd tiptronic if my engine/tranny ever fails which is unlikely soon lol

Thanks guys, yes, the performance increase is noticeable, the 6MT, the CAI, the headers, the J37IM, and the high flow cat all help as well.

As an additional temptation to those considering the swap, check out the estimated performance increase in this online 0-60 mph 'estimator' http://www.060calculator.com/

Plugging in a 3283 lb FWD Honda Accord Auto with 200hp yields an estimated 0-60 mpg time of 7.9s. Change the input engine power to 270hp (stock J32A2 is rated at 260hp) with a 6MT, same weight, produces an 'estimated' time of 5.9s. This is of course an estimate, but gives you an idea of what 35% more hp can do.

Either way, I'm not satisfied just yet. Plan on stroking it to 3.6L with J37 connecting rods and crankshaft, and then properly tuning it with an AEM EMS. If you check out the j32a forums, people are reporting 300whp, yes WHP, with similar setups.

With all that power, will need better traction, hence gotta modify the car exterior again to accommodate the new shoes. Will keep you posted, the 'templates' for the fender flares have been ordered, should be arriving mid July.

Back