Transmission cooler DIY installation Four cylinder F23A

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Hey redaccord02, pics looks good. Thnx for posting them dood. I just bought the kit today (part#911401) but I didnt have time to install it. I was actually wondering if it was supposed to be that small. lol. Looked bigger in the original pics. I took a pic. Same one you guys got?

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

that's it man. if you live somewhere where it gets cold in the winter, you don't need a super cool. and it's kinda overkill. maybe if you got a v6...

RedAccord02

Reaction score
Yea glad the DIY was there. if not I woulda had a hard time doing it with out it. Im suprised I noticed a difference right away. Even my girl said she barely felt the 2-1 thump. So its not all in my head lol.

What do the bigger ones do, besides catch more air. anything special about em?

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Yea glad the DIY was there. if not I woulda had a hard time doing it with out it. Im suprised I noticed a difference right away. Even my girl said she barely felt the 2-1 thump. So its not all in my head lol.

What do the bigger ones do, besides catch more air. anything special about em?

yeah pretty much. more volume so more fluid to add. and ughh...it might make a bit more difference in cooling but what you have and where you live is sufficient enough. save your money. your fine with what you got.

itsallgsho

Reaction score
doing it right now. dam those hoses are a ***** to put on. makes me wonder cause the size on the tube says diff then wats on the manual paper. plus manual says 4 1/2 ft.

itsallgsho

Reaction score
Alrights! Im done! Gah it was supposed to be a 1hr project but ending up being about 3hrs. Stupid *** hoses wouldnt come on or off, me being frustrated, and the gold metal tubing would not stay to the right. I can screw the whole thing off (not sure if the actual gold piece comes out but it wouldnt) but it wouldnt seat itself to the right without being loose. It was just the way it sat on the thread. If I left it to the right, trans fluid would come out.

-EDIT-
Heres some pics. Since the gold metal tube couldnt be taken apart, its now facing upwards. Hopefully this shouldnt affect the hose/fluid since its at a bend, what you guys think? Oh I also ended up zip tying the cooler to the metal frame directly in front of the radiator.
Anyways, I drove it all day today, shifts smooth. Didnt think a lil thing like that and a couple of hoses could make a difference.

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg

Last edited:

juv290

Reaction score
^^ i know how u feel but thankfully i got some help from my cousin i put it in last night and today i felt the difference in the shifting.. thank god for this forum :)

redlinevtec

Reaction score
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24936

I did the same thing to my car about a year ago and no problems so far. I posted a diy, even though it's not very informative. This is a much better write up than mine, although I didn't have to take my bumper off.

i made sure to add your DIY since i used your idea. i took your idea of welding a bracket. smart! my pops knows how to weld so it worked out good for me.

Namboyz

Reaction score
so how can you feel the difference?? im sorry. im still kinda lost.

great write up tho! on my list now!

Back