Bluetooth obd2 scanner discussion

kn0x47

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting one of those blue tooth scanners to put in my subaru and was wondering if anyone has certain ones they'd recommend. I'm mainly interested in the live data function so I don't want one of the cheap ones.
Any information would be appreciated.

... I already have a scan gauge custom mounted in the Honda which works great but they're too overpriced to buy another one.

twofast4u

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting one of those blue tooth scanners to put in my subaru and was wondering if anyone has certain ones they'd recommend. I'm mainly interested in the live data function so I don't want one of the cheap ones.
Any information would be appreciated.

... I already have a scan gauge custom mounted in the Honda which works great but they're too overpriced to buy another one.

Personally. I'm using the elm 327 on eBay. I've been using it for about 4 or 5 years now and has been working great!

CokeZero

Reaction score
Personally. I'm using the elm 327 on eBay. I've been using it for about 4 or 5 years now and has been working great!

I use the same one. Had it for years and it works great.

I updated from the older black model elm 327 to the newer smaller blue one though.

twofast4u

Reaction score
Wow that's really cheap. The refresh rate of the live data seems decent enough?

Yup. Havent experienced any choppiness. I also purchased Torque from the android app store. It was work the $1 lol.

I use the same one. Had it for years and it works great.

I updated from the older black model elm 327 to the newer smaller blue one though.

I found the mini blue one choppy sometimes. One of my friends has it, and it slows down/glitches from time to time. Although, that might be just a defective one out of the batch.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
BT-OBDII kicks ***!

Really, now I'm on my 3rd (need 4th) so all the chinese crap probly sucks, but who cares?

At $20 they cost a bit less than my real scanner did ($300, ouch! though that was a cheap one) but I never use that anymore.

I use 'Torque' on my phone, it's smaller and better. Now I have one installed and 'Torque' on my Android radio in my car, the next hack will be wiring the OBD2 power to be ignition (vs constant) because keeping that adapter powered was the latest problem.

I removed the OBD connector to hook it to the adapter behind the dashboard, secured safely with zip ties. Then I hacked a light (small) to the dome light and secured it to the OEM OBD connector spot so I have a floor light when the door is open :)

Back