High Mileage 6th Gens

maximus017

Reaction score
I'm at 145xxx, on my 01...Really have had nothing to replace as of yet, just a alum ac line, and now springs/shocks! Looking to go 300k :D

ZFreak

Reaction score
313k on my 98 LX 4cyl (F23A1) with the ORIGINAL auto tranny and engine. I change the ATF every other oil change with the OEM Honda Z1 ATF. The tranny "shudders" in 3rd to 4th gear shift about 40-45mph, but I just drive it in D3 and it doesn't do it. I have $$ set aside for when it does go, but I'm still in awe that it just keeps going. I bought the car with 150k on it from my priest at my church (maybe he blessed the car??? hah) and he maintained it like a top! I have all the paperwork and he changed the ATF almost as often as I do. He changed it every 15k at the DEALER nonetheless.

I'm in the oil & gas business and I put about 250-300 miles a DAY on my honda...not one single thing wrong with it either. Cruise, A/C, etc. ..everything still works!

paypalbid

Reaction score
313k on my 98 LX 4cyl (F23A1) with the ORIGINAL auto tranny and engine. I change the ATF every other oil change with the OEM Honda Z1 ATF. The tranny "shudders" in 3rd to 4th gear shift about 40-45mph, but I just drive it in D3 and it doesn't do it. I have $$ set aside for when it does go, but I'm still in awe that it just keeps going. I bought the car with 150k on it from my priest at my church (maybe he blessed the car??? hah) and he maintained it like a top! I have all the paperwork and he changed the ATF almost as often as I do. He changed it every 15k at the DEALER nonetheless.

I'm in the oil & gas business and I put about 250-300 miles a DAY on my honda...not one single thing wrong with it either. Cruise, A/C, etc. ..everything still works!

very good to hear. I had my transmission replaced at around 120,000 miles. The Honda tech at the dealership said the motor can go 500,000 miles no problem but the tranny is another story.

ZFreak

Reaction score
The only thing I don't do myself on my car (just because I don't feel like doing it myself... I can, but chose not to) is the 105k service (Timing belt, water pump, etc.). When I take it to the dealer for this, they are still in awe that the transmission has lasted as long as it has.

Granted, most (95%) of the miles are hiway miles, I'm not hard on it whatsoever. Most of my mods (handling/suspension) are to make the car more fun to drive. The only engine mod I have is an intake, and I have that more or less for MPG. (I average about 28-29mpg or so).

This is my first Honda (I'm a Nissan guy), but it definitely won't be my last. The only major things I've had to do are replace both CV axles, radiator (upper end tank cracked), and fuel pump. Other than that, it's just gas, oil, tires and regular maintenance!

cajun

Reaction score
ZFreak,

Incredible. That's got to be the record for a 6thGen AT. Is it burning any oil between changes?

ZFreak

Reaction score
ZFreak,

Incredible. That's got to be the record for a 6thGen AT. Is it burning any oil between changes?

Zero Oil. Like I said earlier...I'm absolutely amazed. It leaks nothing, and burns nothing. The underside is CLEAAAAAAAN!

ZFreak

Reaction score
They key to keeping these transmissions alive is to change the fluid, and change it OFTEN!!! (and with OEM Honda Z1 ATF) I'm living proof of this (or I just got a good one!)

slow f23

Reaction score
i just hit 170,000 miles on the f23 before dropping the car off at slowmotion, but now i've got the h22 :]

Back