Can't make up my mind

Clayman

Reaction score
I just can't make up my mind here. I'm doing a part a month and its come time to chose. I really want a set of Nology Hot wires, that have a 300 Ohm conductor with a capacitor built into the wire. The wires are priced at $147.10 which is a good 30% less than what they normally run. These have a possibility of making 10 foot pounds of torque and 7 hp. On the other hand I really want a Megan Racing stainless steel 4-2-1 headers that have a possibility of 10 hp. The headers are priced at $190.00 which is at the top of my budget this month for parts. I'd like to know which one have people seen the most results out of so I can make a better diction cause I don't want to by a part and wish I hadn't. :shakehead::mf_pcwhack:

Thanks,
Clayman:party52:

coops-sedan

Reaction score
I do n't know the specifics of power but I've always been one to wait until a part goes on sale then I buy it.

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
You won't get anything out of either. Except noise with the header

Exactly
Our motors won't gain anything and if somehow you did it would be so little you won't even be able to notice it.
Those hp numbers that companies put out aren't vehicle specific, it probably happened on a handful of cars that needed better flowing air/exhaust/spark ect. and since it was proven on a dyno they can use it in their advertising that you "COULD" make up to 3-15hp/tq more because it has happened before.
Just not on every car

Tectonickz

Reaction score
Sorry but yeah unless your just going for looks and noise don't waste your money. Like these other guys said you won't really see anything. I have exhaust, intake, and quite a few other things on my F23a1 and I've never noticed a single difference at all in power, just noise.

Bolt ons will never give you the power gain your looking for on these 6thgenAccords. Unless your willing to spend big $$$ on FI or building the engine you should get comfortable with how fast your car is now.

You'd be better off saving that money every month for awhile then investing in something more worth your money if HP is what your looking for. Learn from others mistakes and do it right the first time! Good luck

Last edited:

Clayman

Reaction score
Thanks ya'll. All the help has been great. I ended up saving the money and waiting. I am looking for sound however so those headers might be in the future. I don't really want to go faster I just want it to look nice. Yeah a little showy but still but nothing trashy.

Back