DIY Evap Canister Change - P1457

001Stunna

Reaction score
For my car, vin# staring with JH1 the vent valve part# is different
VALVE, CANISTER VENT SHUT (MADE IN JAPAN) 17310-S84-A01

slavik

Reaction score
Thanks for the DIY. Just did this yesterday -- I ordered only valve+2 screws, but took the canister off as well. Screws were really rusted, but after some banging and elbow grease, using vice grips helped to get them off!

It was really easy to do!

D-Ramey

Reaction score
so my car is throwing a evap code and the car smells straight like raw gas it gives me headaches lol ive beat on the canister and everythiing u can hear the valve working when the car's on but i have noticed when i get gas and undo my cap it doesnt make that presser sound when i loosen it could this be the problem? and i looked at all the lines everything looks fine from what i could see please help im tired of smelling gas

Ironade

Reaction score
so my car is throwing a evap code and the car smells straight like raw gas it gives me headaches lol ive beat on the canister and everythiing u can hear the valve working when the car's on but i have noticed when i get gas and undo my cap it doesnt make that presser sound when i loosen it could this be the problem? and i looked at all the lines everything looks fine from what i could see please help im tired of smelling gas

It sounds like you have a crack on two way valve (#14 on picture below). You can check to see if there is any crack or whatever on two way value. It's inside the plastic cover next to vapor canister. It's not too hard to replace. I think I can take the pictures how to remove and install the two way value, value solenoid, and vent pressure sensor if necessary.

EVAP.png

Last edited:
Back