Front adjustable ball joint question

aCcord*mAma

Reaction score
OKAY, i know i may sound like a dummy, but i recently ordered a front n rear camber kit, i got the back off, the front camber came with just the adjustable ball joint, no control arm... what do i need to do!?!? ANy help, anyone know???

SORRY STUPID QUESTION!!!

:hide:

Drift

Reaction score
You can use a hammer to get the old one out. But you should be much more careful putting the new one in.

dv8801

Reaction score
take out the lock pin and hammer out. when u hammer new ones in just be careful and put new lock pin in place correctly

finch13

Reaction score
What? You need to rent or borrow a ball joint press AND the honda adapters to press in the new BJ. I wouldn't hammer it out either since the stamped steel upper control arm is a bit finnicky and easy to stretch. DO NOT use a torch to heat it... if anyone is thinking of doing the torch and air hammer trick.

You ALSO need to make sure you can replace the ball joint. The OEM ball joint should be stamped with a "B". If it's not stamped, you can't replace it.

You can only press in (replace) the ball joint once, if you have to replace them a second time or screw up the upper control arm is junk and needs to be replaced too.

Here's a list of 6GA's with the serviceable upper ball joints:

124789097.gif

dthomas2000

Reaction score
I am not sure is this has already been addressed!!! But I installed some front adjustable ball joints but on EVERY bump - I am hitting something (kinda sounds like metal ON metal). Do i need to raise her (car) up? Is there a way of getting around it w/o raising her up? I love the way she looks with her current set up.

Dropped on K2 coilovers - 3" F & ~2.7" R.
18" rims as well -

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

Back