2611090959_c75aa57b5f.jpg

wewt!

dynasty

Reaction score
i don't think i can work with film cameras. iphone>film cameras. :booty:

finch13

Reaction score
i don't think i can work with film cameras. iphone>film cameras. :booty:

Seriously? ISO 100 film has resolution down to the molecule of silver halide! Better than any digital camera on the market at the moment, although if you drop $10k+ you could get close.

I still think film is far superior over digital as far as creativity goes. Digital is just convenient for me since I don't have access to a darkroom to develop. Without Photoshop, the majority of amateur photographers would be worthless. It's not easy to get a good shot on film, and not as easy to fix in the darkroom.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
seriously...photoshop is the reason amateur photography is this popular..only reason i started taking pictures haha

finch13

Reaction score
seriously...photoshop is the reason amateur photography is this popular..only reason i started taking pictures haha

Right, which is cool and everything. But, people are slaughtering the art in favor of digital effects. Yeah, HDR is cool and so is a bunch of other effects, but at least include some photos that took a little skill to capture in your gallery.

Not meaning to attack you or anyone on the site, you last set of photos was nice! :thumbsup:

/rant

dynasty

Reaction score
Right, which is cool and everything. But, people are slaughtering the art in favor of digital effects. Yeah, HDR is cool and so is a bunch of other effects, but at least include some photos that took a little skill to capture in your gallery.

Not meaning to attack you or anyone on the site, you last set of photos was nice! :thumbsup:

/rant

hating on us amateurs. bahaha :roy:

finch13

Reaction score
I am an amateur too, but someones gotta fight for the art of photography and not just because it's in again.

PS - I'm going to show everyone what a real HDR is tomorrow :D

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
^ nice pics, I love how a trained eye can pick out a legit B&W photo over a digital one. What film are you using?

I need to browse CL for a cheap Canon AE-1 Program and get back into self-developing film...
this was ilford hp5+ iso 400 at box speed, ilford developing chemicals...9 minutes at 20C which is also box rating. gotta get it right before i try to push or pull :lawl:

getting a "dead" mount/system (instead of the AF canon in your PM) will be significantly cheaper except for contax. canon fd, olympus om, minolta md...the contax and om stuff will be more expensive since they are good and can be used on canon ef cameras.
PS is so boring to me...plus nothing turns out how i want it to :sad:

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Taken from another board and prolly shouldn't be here but i saw it and love at first sight so i could not help myself but share..

full

Back