Advice on Body Work

jsheehan

Reaction score
Hey Guys I spotted this site in this months issue of DSPORT (Amaya Miu Jesus christ thats all i gotta say) So anyways lets get to the point. I have an 01 accord which I recently ran over a median and snapped my left fender, front lip, sike skirts and my fiber glass bumper spider webbed to all hell, not to mention puttin a nice hole in my Greddy, but besides that I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on where to get stock parts. Honda dealerships love to rape my wallet and ive always been a DIY kinda kid. Junk Yards are straight but out here in loveley old Boston MA the Roads suck (hence why I havent dropped my car) any ideas on a relativley cheap (not quality wise) all around look.

ps; Ive already replaced my fender and tire rod, so im looking for something ...well...not RICE

thanx guyz

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
have you tried the junk yards? thatd be the first place id go for cheap oem parts.

im more amazed tho that you saw this site advertised in a magazine, haha, thats awesome. where/how was it advertised in it?

jsheehan

Reaction score
Yeah Junk yards around here are all weather beaten clunkers, boston conditions suck.

I Have 2 cars an everday curb eater and I have my accord as sort of a project. Im only 19 and you know not a lot of kids work on there own cars in my area so it basically trial and error, so when I started out i bought every manual under the sun (word up to Haynes Complete tear down and rebuild guide) DSPORT is my favorite car mag so I was skimming through the back of it and 6thgenaccord.com caught my eye, cause honestly, nobody in my area pushes anything over a 97 accord.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LKQ Corporation
4 Old Douglas Road
Webster, MA 01570
(800) 423-4006

They should have a retail place. OEM parts or aftermarket OEM parts.

And I'm gonna go pick up that issue of Dsport.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
I HAVE A BUMPER FOR YOU!!! :D

01-02 OEM Coupe Bumper

Obviously will need to be sanded/repainted
Has just a very small crack along the bottom edge, definitely not a problem for anything.

I'm in NH so we could meet up some time. Let me know.

Welcome to the site. :thumbsup:

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
Hey are u paying for the parts with your own money? Kuz wen I ran over a pothole I damaged my front and rear bumper and exhaust...my insurnce covered it all...and recently I just got a letter in the mail and my insurance is taking legal action against the owners of the property where I hit the pothole...so they told me more money is coming to me even when I have my car fixed already...I live in the metro area of boston too...and I do body work myself too

jsheehan

Reaction score
I grew up in west lynn too in the commons... yeah but the only insurance offered in MA is commerce an albela, i guess geico is here too. My coverage is ****. They dont cover aftermarket parts. But yeah goldnknight PM me and well see what we can do

any other ideas?

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
yea i grew up around lowell st. and warren st... right near the commons lol...and im still around there...u still live in Lynn??

theres way, way more insurance companies then that... I have progressive they cover all my aftermarket stuff... they even cover my custom system when it got stolen (fiberglass box, subs, head unit)...their pretty good! paid me almost 3 g's for all my equipment.. fix my body kit and rims too...as long as you keep all your receipts you should be good..

i had commerce b4 and they cover my aftermarket parts too...the only thing is there representive are as*holes and they try to total my car.

the only thing that sucks about Progressive is that they only give you a rental for five days after your accident...i needed a rental for two weeks kuz they took awhile to come back for a 2nd appraisal...and they rush you and the body shop like crazy to get it fixed if you been in a accident, dont even give u time to order parts...

but besides that there good and i like them

the best junk yards is jacks used auto parts in billerica! they have hella accords there they got a website too! and harbor used auto parts in lynn but there a little expensive...

check ebay or craigslist...go for a lip kit...

oh yeah I think theres a 6ga meet this saturday up in gloucster..not sure if its still on, but u should come if it is

jsheehan

Reaction score
Yeah Jacks is Ill thats where I got everything if little things break, i actually got a sick igni air intake for $20. Im def looking for stock parts and maybe a type R lip. I know lowell street well. Gloucster huh? PM me some details.

Back