new tires and different wheels for E39 and a Civic wanted to race

paypalbid

Reaction score
Got new tires and 18" M Parallel wheels better suited for performance.

These are pics of old wheels. Maya STM 20".

Side by side with GT3

On a side note I wanted to vent. I'm not promoting street racing by any mean. I was on the freeway in the M5 and a civic probably 1996 model was up really close behind me. He pulled up next to me and start to creep back and forth. I down shifted and pulled ahead real fast while remain under speed which would not get my car impounded. He caught up and I pulled away again. Anyway I wasn't gonna race around the freeway weaving in and out of traffic. Not sure what the guy has under the hood but like I said 1996 Civic sedan, lowered, black wheels, tinted, with loud exhaust. :skurred:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Best looking M5 bodystyle to date. Are those wheels off the e38 740?

And just ignore drivers like that next time, dont engage them. Esp Civic drivers.

Last edited:

paypalbid

Reaction score
They are the same style as the 7 series but these came off the 540i. The hub bores and offset are different. Although many people have done the conversation before.

twofast4u

Reaction score
Best looking M5 bodystyle to date. Are those wheels off the e38 740?

And just ignore drivers like that next time, dont engage them. Esp Civic drivers.

I agree. This is my favorite M5 today. If i ever win the lottery, this will be one of my purchases lol

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind one either, however they are rare to find in good condition w/decent mileage here. But from what I’ve heard parts can be expensive, and the car isn’t as easy to work on as say, the e46. And fuel economy is not so good lol. The interior is dated imo, but the exterior is timeless.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
civic, street racing, M-Pars, etc.

i'm a huge E39 fan but this thread is lacking in 997 content :drool:

paypalbid

Reaction score
The maintenance for e39 m5 is not for the faint of heart. I won't go into details but let just say a recent maintenance cost more than a clean low mileage 6th gen vehicle.

Ryans S, what additional content would you like to see in regard to the 997?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i don't really have anything specific in mind, but it's a GT3 so absolutely anything will be sweet :lawl:

Back