Sedan inner trunk lights wired with brake lights

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has done this. Wired inner sedan trunk lights to brake with outter lights.

I know they only come on when parking lights are on.

I was thinking of trying it out.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I recall this being discussed, but not sure how far it was taken. I'd say try it out.

FNCONE

Reaction score
You want both to light up only when braking? (basically like no marker light on the inner trunk lights, only when braking),just splice it into the wire that gives the outer bulb power when braking. If you want it to light like the corner ones that just get brighter when brakes are applied, then you need a double filament bulb.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
You want both to light up only when braking? (basically like no marker light on the inner trunk lights, only when braking),just splice it into the wire that gives the outer bulb power when braking. If you want it to light like the corner ones that just get brighter when brakes are applied, then you need a double filament bulb.
Yes both to light up when braking yet still be on as parking lights that still work when braking.

Ill be changing all my taillight bulbs to leds soon.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
Looks like i wont be doing it ... i wired power to power it turns on the parking lights... and if your wanting it to look neat with wiring you'll have to run and tuck the wires.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
always has parking lights?

I plan on doing the new sockets/wiring to have brake lights too.

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
always has parking lights?

I plan on doing the new sockets/wiring to have brake lights too.
Their always on a factory parking lights i wanted them to run with the brake lights "without " parking lights on.

Then when parking lights are on they'll brake with them. Make any sense.

FNCONE

Reaction score
Looks like i wont be doing it ... i wired power to power it turns on the parking lights... and if your wanting it to look neat with wiring you'll have to run and tuck the wires.

What power did you wire it to? it has to be wired to the wire that gets 12v when the brake is applied, from the quarter panel lights. The only wire at the trunk light is for the parking lights, remember the bulb and has to be a double filament. LOL and yes you have to tuck it so it can look neat. Show me what you did, sounds like you wired it incorrectly

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
What power did you wire it to? it has to be wired to the wire that gets 12v when the brake is applied, from the quarter panel lights. The only wire at the trunk light is for the parking lights, remember the bulb and has to be a double filament. LOL and yes you have to tuck it so it can look neat. Show me what you did, sounds like you wired it incorrectly
I tapped into the 3rd brake light like a cream white wire then tapped the red wire on the inner bulb wire. When i had my brother it the brakes the parking lights lit up. Which i didnt want..

Maybe tap black to black? I didnt want to run a long wire from the outter lights to the inner lights. I figure the 3rd brake light was the closet.

FNCONE

Reaction score
I tapped into the 3rd brake light like a cream white wire then tapped the red wire on the inner bulb wire. When i had my brother it the brakes the parking lights lit up. Which i didnt want..

Maybe tap black to black? I didnt want to run a long wire from the outter lights to the inner lights. I figure the 3rd brake light was the closet.

Im confused, isn't that what you want?. Obviously you want the parking lights to work. Basically you want the trunk lights to work as the outer lights correct?

Back