How to install coilovers?

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
If your really a noob, I suggest that you ask someone who's a mecanic or pay in a garage to get it done. It required some tools and can be a pain in the a$$ to remove old suspension...

k3nnex

Reaction score
Well my dad used to be a mechanic and we have a **** load of tools, this will be my first MY CAR mod. I helped my friends, more like lend a hand, to do their coilovers and sutff. I am not sure how useful my experience is, I just like to use this as a opportunity for learning.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
in all honesty, installing a coilover is piece of cake. I did it myself without outside help nor a manual. Just looked at it, and it became obvious. Remove the 4-5 bots in the engine bay that holds the struck in place, then start taking stuff off near the bottom. Bam, then it's out. If you have to reuse the stock pillow mounts, release the pressure of them against the wheel then just reinstall. If not, you're pretty much done.

One biggest mistake of install is not seating the strut all the way into the hold on the bottom. That will usually mess up your camber. And make sure you have a can of WD40 or liquidation wrench handy.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
Iap direct is an awesome distributor I ordered my illuminas from them they have the best prices on the net and pretty quick shipping too

talontsiawd

Reaction score
TitaniumACC said:
If your really a noob, I suggest that you ask someone who's a mecanic or pay in a garage to get it done. It required some tools and can be a pain in the a$$ to remove old suspension...
I don't know, i changed out my shocks on my old jag when i was 16 with no manual, i thought it was pretty basic then, even more now. It was more complex on that car and most defineatly old as hell (30 years). I really don't see how you can mess it up on an accord. Just get a service manual, you should have one anyway. Thats always my first purchace though. I prefer the real one, not the chilton so thats like $100 but def worth it.

k3nnex

Reaction score
Purchased yesterday, hopefully it will come tomorrow like they said. The factory in CA is shipping it directly to me, yay.

k3nnex

Reaction score
Mojeans69 said:
Yeah it the same thing but here is a DIY anyway just in case if you want to try yourself and gain some knowledge like I did..
Click here

or you can go here:
Click Here
Thanks! I dropped my car today. I ordered the coilovers from IAP on Wednesday, they came Thursday and I put them on this morning Friday... THANKS getting pics up tomorrow morning!

Back