TL Sway-Bar question

turboputz

Reaction score
Get the endlinks for your Accords, they're just like two solidly connected ball joints and will accommodate any difference between the bars.

For the record, Moog makes good replacement OE parts and does sponsor some race cars, but I do no believe they're a racing company. Anywho, I got OEM Honda endlinks from the dealer for $110. Sorry to get of topic, but my point was, they ARE both solid steel, people who had to cut them know from experience :D

Ummm OEM endlinks are $25 a pop almost anywhere on the web.
So if you got 2 then that was over 100% mark-up. If you got all 4 then that makes sense.

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...edan&year=1999&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

finch13

Reaction score
I got 2 for $110 w/ tax. Yes, I know I got ripped off and I wasn't planning on using new ones until I had to cut throught he old ones just to get the old sway bar off.

Accord281

Reaction score
I just ordered the swaybar, bushings, and brackets for bushings for $36 shipped! Hellz yea! Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why the factory sway bar costs $110 from a dealer but the acura one is only $32?

[email protected].

Reaction score
I am so confused with all of the parts mentioned here. Should I replace the entire endl links or just the bolts? If I have to replace the entire endlinks, it would cost about $80 as finch mentioned? Anyone near Ann Arbor wants to give me a hand with this?

Then end links have the bolts attached, bolts are not separate. You want end links, sway bar, brackets, bushings.

Be prepared to cut off the top threads of the end links, since you live where they use salt- a sawzall with a metal-cutting blade worked good for me. The bolts that hold up the bushing brackets might be tough to get out too, but at least those are hex heads, and not allen screw like the end links. Once you get the bushings close to where they'll end up on the sway bar, a little grease on the sway bar will help prevent squeaks down the road.

And just remember, the cost vs. benefit, makes this about the best mod you could do. You will most assuredly be glad you did it once you're done.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
That is correct, as far as the swaybar is and mounting is concerned. You will need the endlinks too (21). I wouldn't buy the OEM endlinks. Finch said they are solid steel. Yes they are, but not the point of connection - the joint is plastic, and those 4 dots you see on the socket are plastic pushing through. I used a hammer to brake the plastic casing to get the old linkages off and then vicegrips and a ratchet on the other end to get the rusted bastards off. For an OEM quality part, I think Honda failed on their endlinks. Get Moog, and for en even cheaper price. They have a grease nipple and a nice rubber boot protecting the joint from the elements - something Honda didn't realize to design.

This is picture of the OEM endlink - the two dots you see on the end of the link is part of the plastic joint capsule.
DSC00692.jpg

The way it's held in is plastic. Honda inserted the capsule, then melted the tips (4) of it to prevent it from sliding out of the steel housing.

Last edited:

mew1838

Reaction score
The mogg links are $50 for a pair :( Is it really necessary to replace the links?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
$25 each / $50 pair yeah.. It's worth it though. Trust me. It's not any more a necessity than anything else is, but I wouldn't use stock. Do what you like, but I don't recommend stock for all the reasons I already described above. :coffee:

Back