Legit Slammed Club

swollen_cu

Reaction score
thanks ... i could go a couple inches lower up front but my rear is maxed ... i have to get a shorter set of springs for the rear

rear is maxxed out? seriously? I was lower than that on my F2 Type 1's when i first dropped it. I was tucking about 3/4 of the tire and still had more to go.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
you've just been talkin about how you're gonna do it for months now :rwerd:

yeah, i was originally going to do it in the spring, this past spring, but then i found out i can use a lift to do my brakes. since my car is already anti-lift height, itd be a lot easier to try to get on the lift now, than at the height it would be at at that point.

scrapnav6

Reaction score
what is this removal of a locking collar im hearing? can this be done on any coilover?

scrapnav6

Reaction score
hmm no one told me this when i posted sayin that my coils were maxed out.. could u refrence this in some kind of picture so i know whaat to look for

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
its the locking collar. its the collar that locks the bottom mount into place, so that it doesnt spin itself loose. the only thing is though, that you either have to bottom it out, so that it doesnt move ever, or make sure it rests up against the collar, or collars, that the spring sets on. and i say "collar, or collars" because if your bottom mount reaches those collars under the spring, you could probably take one out and let the bottom mount rest against the collar directly under the spring. BUT i looked up pics of your coils, and it doesnt look like thats an option for you, so just the collar above the bottom mount. also, by the look of them, if theyre bottomed out, then removing that collar would be pretty pointless.

this what yours look like?...

NEX.jpg

scrapnav6

Reaction score
so basically i cant really do this is what ur saying? and im not really sure i 100% understand every thing u said haha. but from what i do understand, i would just be taking out the collar on the bottom that i would use to set where i want the bottom of the coilover to be? how would it stay in placce and not just go up and down?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
so basically i cant really do this is what ur saying?

not entirely. if the picture i posted is what your coilovers look like, and since you said theyre already bottomed, then taking out that locking collar will not do anything for you since those bottom mounts are so short.

see, with coils like my ksports, and f2's and the like, the rears, when bottomed, go all the way up and touch the collars under the spring...im pretty sure the fronts would as well. so therefore, if i was to take the collar out, that locks in the bottom mount, i could go a little bit lower by spinning it up to the collar(s) under the spring and it would be resting against those.

but from what i do understand, i would just be taking out the collar on the bottom that i would use to set where i want the bottom of the coilover to be?

yes. like i said tho, if the bottom mount is already up as far as it can go, its useless to do so.

how would it stay in placce and not just go up and down?

if its bottomed it wont go any further up. and it certainly wont be going down, raising the car, because the entire weight of the car is sitting on it.

Last edited:

scrapnav6

Reaction score
: ( what a downer.. thanks for the info and quick responses, it basically comes down to the fact that i need better coilovers... just gota save alot of bills up

Back