Ground Control coilover sleeves - discussion

99accord boi

Reaction score
Any progress on this? i was recently thinking about getting some FFs but if i could keep my konis and just change my springs it would be better although i hadn't noticed how pricey GCs are :p

i would deff stick with the koni and get gc's they are alot easier to adjust ride height on the regular coils

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sorry guys, in the process of buying a house which is taking up all my time right now. Still planning on doing this though.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Any progress on this? i was recently thinking about getting some FFs but if i could keep my konis and just change my springs it would be better although i hadn't noticed how pricey GCs are :p

If you already have the Koni shocks, you might as well spend the extra 300-400 on those sleeves. If you are the original owner then that means lifetime warranty ftw.

Adjusting the height takes like 1 minute, jack the car, twist the spring perch to your likings and adjust it to the other side and you're done.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I am still wondering how you make sure you have the sleeves adjusted evenly on both sides. Are there notches or markings of any kind on them? Or do you have to count the threads?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I just count the threads to where the perch where the spring sits.

Well I'm on the lowest setting so it was easy for me lol.

Before going to the lowest setting, I counted the threads. I counted maybe 4-6 threads (maybe 2 1/2 finger gap), but I wanted to be lower so I just went the the lowest setting on all 4, then it had the boat look until my cousin showed me how to adjust the Koni so I can maybe get another .25-.5 inches lower.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I am still contemplating these or full coils, I contacted BC/BR Coilovers, I think it was, and they will upgrade the springs free of charge.

THose are full coils, but they are about $1000.

So, the GC + Koni upgrade really does make alot of sense if you already have the yellows.

Cpyro

Reaction score
.01 is like every other shock, .02 is the koni

see the description u posted .01 says for shock 1,2,3 and .02 say for shock 4

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^ohhh yep, you're right thanks.

EDIT:

Wonder if the price goes up if you order custom spring rates.

Just realized if you order custom spring rates that you would likely have to actually order from Eibach or GC's sites, which would obviously render the sleeves more expensive.

I am going to call and find out what the stock spring rates are comparable to, because under $300 is a great price.

Last edited:
Back