New Coilovers orderd

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Why did you end up replacing them?

Probably why everyone replaces their Tein SS setups, they tend to be a bit on the soft side, and the drop is not as aggressive as some other setups.

You can always upgrade the springs and remove the collar, though.

It's not a fault on Tein's part, it's personal preference for a particular type of setup.

If they offer what you are looking for, then congrats on the purchase. At least you did things in the right order and got the suspension done before putting wheels on.

bwizard

Reaction score
Probably why everyone replaces their Tein SS setups, they tend to be a bit on the soft side, and the drop is not as aggressive as some other setups.

You can always upgrade the springs and remove the collar, though.

It's not a fault on Tein's part, it's personal preference for a particular type of setup.

If they offer what you are looking for, then congrats on the purchase. At least you did things in the right order and got the suspension done before putting wheels on.

Ive got OEM struts on there now with 110k miles, cant be softer than those....:doh:

Ive read through most of the forums on here over the last month or so....I read in SEVERAL places..."DO SUSPENSION WORK FIRST" LOL, so I figured I'd listen..... With just a modest drop, will I need any kind of camber kit? From what I read, I was assuming I would not, unless I drop it way down.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
No, no camber kit needed if by "modest drop" you mean less than 2".

Even running the 8th Gen Coupe wheels, you would be fine without a camber kit.

bwizard

Reaction score
How much drop does it take to slam one of our cars? Or is that dependent on wheel and tire combo too? I know my 15 inch are way too small for my taste. I just dont know if a 18 x 7.5 will look too big. Im a 41 year old, with 3 kids. :rock: In two years, I will give it to our 14 1/2 year old to drive.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Well, if you look at Sleep Cell's car(read his Member's Ride thread), you can see what is possible. 'slepnav6' has a slammed sedan, that he raised slightly after putting on a set of 18x9 +23/24 wheels. The Wheel Fitment Thread has alot of various setups posted, so you can get an idea of what can be done with 17" and 18" setups of various widths/offsets.

I would say 3+" would be enough to slam the sedan, but then you run in to possible fitment issues with the wheels you may want to run. Not to mention fender rolling/pulling, rear tab relocation, possible issues with the front strut tower hitting.

I can't remember the Member's name that had the 8th Gen V6 wheels on his DEP sedan(the pics are on V6P in the 6th Gen sedan pics thread), but he has about a 2" drop. Thos wheels will not look too big at all.

You won't have fitment issues with those wheels, and you may even want to add spacers(I think he added 10mm ones) just so that the wheels are sitting flush with the fenders.

At your age(and no offence intended, I am not too far behind), and your current ridealongs, you may want to consider a more moderate drop rather than slamming the car. Ride comfort is definately sacrificed the lower you go.

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on TEIN Dampers - Super Street (with Upper Pillow Ball Mounts) (DSH94-2USS1)

How'd I do????

If you bought them recently and new i'd say you didnt do so great. Why not get the new Tein Street Advance??? They are cheaper then the SS and offer a tad more adjustability.

Not putting down the SS as i have them on my car and am perfectly happy with them for the past ~3 years now. After riding in an accord with the new Street Advance though i would've gotten them.

As for a camber kit or not...get an alignment done on your car 1-2 weeks after installing the suspension and fine tuning the height to your liking and go from there. The printout you'll get should show you what your camber is at all around and the shop should be able to fix the toe with no problem. Just because John Doe doesn't need/want a camber kit DOES not mean you dont.

Last edited:

bwizard

Reaction score
Well, if you look at Sleep Cell's car(read his Member's Ride thread), you can see what is possible. 'slepnav6' has a slammed sedan, that he raised slightly after putting on a set of 18x9 +23/24 wheels. The Wheel Fitment Thread has alot of various setups posted, so you can get an idea of what can be done with 17" and 18" setups of various widths/offsets.

I would say 3+" would be enough to slam the sedan, but then you run in to possible fitment issues with the wheels you may want to run. Not to mention fender rolling/pulling, rear tab relocation, possible issues with the front strut tower hitting.

I can't remember the Member's name that had the 8th Gen V6 wheels on his DEP sedan(the pics are on V6P in the 6th Gen sedan pics thread), but he has about a 2" drop. Thos wheels will not look too big at all.

You won't have fitment issues with those wheels, and you may even want to add spacers(I think he added 10mm ones) just so that the wheels are sitting flush with the fenders.

At your age(and no offence intended, I am not too far behind), and your current ridealongs, you may want to consider a more moderate drop rather than slamming the car. Ride comfort is definately sacrificed the lower you go.

Roger that....This is just my daily driver :driving: I wont be slamming it, I was just curious as to how low that really was. I have a 2010 F250 6.4 Lariat as my vehicle. I bought this Accord from a friends neighbor after the family took away the Mom's license. Figured I'd save money on fuel vs the truck. Yea right. Now I just dump money into mods..... For the kid...err, right? yea, for the kid when he gets it....yea. :rofl:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
In for pics of the Lariat, btw.

You don't have to justify the Accord to us.......mod away and do what works for you!

IF budget was an issue with the Tein SS, they aren't a horrible option.

I didn't mention but 001Stunna did, definately need an alignment every time you raise/lower the car.

bwizard

Reaction score
In for pics of the Lariat, btw.

You don't have to justify the Accord to us.......mod away and do what works for you!

IF budget was an issue with the Tein SS, they aren't a horrible option.

I didn't mention but 001Stunna did, definately need an alignment every time you raise/lower the car.

Budget was'nt too much of a concern.....I think I was at $1200 delivered.....and since I knew I wasnt gonna slam it, I assumed the Tein SS were some of the better made options out there.

F250

ry%3D480

I modded the truck too.... got rid of the DPF and added a Spartan Tuner....It's a hot rod.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Nice, always been a Ford F-Series fan.

Had you asked about the Tein's before purchasing, would have recommended something else, like the Function and Form Type 1/2's, since they would have saved you a bit of coin.

Back