New Coilovers orderd

001Stunna

Reaction score
Nice, always been a Ford F-Series fan.

Had you asked about the Tein's before purchasing, would have recommended something else, like the Function and Form Type 1/2's, since they would have saved you a bit of coin.

...but they are nowhere close to a moderate drop which is what the OP wanted
and since I knew I wasnt gonna slam it, I assumed the Tein SS were some of the better made options out there.

PS. If you had gone with non upper mount ones. could;ve saved some great coin.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TEIN-STREET-...ts=Year:1998|Model:Accord&hash=item1e6b0f7c1f
$930 Shipped

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TEIN-SS-SUPE...del:Accord&hash=item416119269f#ht_1019wt_1037
$955 + 55 Shipped with offer available
(same seller i bought mine from NEW 3 years ago at a lower offer)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TEIN-SS-SUPE...del:Accord&hash=item1e68cd3590#ht_2715wt_1271
999Shipped

You will be happy with your choice OP. Since you got them with the upper mounts i'd suggest to make a cutout from a piece of thick cloth or rubber and insert it between the upper mount and upper shock tower to avoid some noise complaints people have had.

Last edited:

bwizard

Reaction score

PS. If you had gone with non upper mount ones. could;ve saved some great coin.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TEIN-STREET-...ts=Year:1998|Model:Accord&hash=item1e6b0f7c1f
$930 Shipped

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TEIN-SS-SUPE...del:Accord&hash=item416119269f#ht_1019wt_1037
$955 + 55 Shipped with offer available
(same seller i bought mine from NEW 3 years ago at a lower offer)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TEIN-SS-SUPE...del:Accord&hash=item1e68cd3590#ht_2715wt_1271
999Shipped

You will be happy with your choice OP. Since you got them with the upper mounts i'd suggest to make a cutout from a piece of thick cloth or rubber and insert it between the upper mount and upper shock tower to avoid some noise complaints people have had.

I think so too. If not.....Ill sell em....:hihi: with the pillow mounts they were $1161.00 delivered.

Ill get some pics in here once I tear everything apart.

I apprecitate all of the input.....These sure are fun little cars to play with.....

bwizard

Reaction score
Stunna,

I like the look of your sedan, would you consider yours a moderate drop? Or a little closer to slammed?

001Stunna

Reaction score
Stunna,

I like the look of your sedan, would you consider yours a moderate drop? Or a little closer to slammed?

I'm nowhere close to being considered slammed, as my car sits now i have about a pinky finger and a half room from fender lip to top of tire. Its just the max drop i would go in means of keeping my car still usable everywhere i want to go without being worried of getting stuck/ripping something off.

I still have about 1 inch of room to lower in front to go to as low as tein ss allows and about 2 inches in the rear. However if you go through the tein ss manual it states the recommended drop is to allow 1" min room from the lower spring collar to the bottom of available threads(where i am at right now in the front)

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Although they give the option of a more aggressive drop if desired AND cheaper than the Tein SS.

Seems like a pretty good option.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Perfect, thats just the look I want to see..... front and rear lip will sure help too. Thanks.
A lip kit does help the visuals in making things seem a bit lower usually. Look around the member ride threads and see what catches your eye more.

Although they give the option of a more aggressive drop if desired AND cheaper than the Tein SS.

Seems like a pretty good option.
Ummm FF1/2/2.5 highest point is a tight pinky finger gap(that's as HIGH as they go). Having them at the highest means only a limited few threads being threaded in the lower mount. If i had my family riding on my car i would not ride them at the highest so i would be forced to go lower to have more threading support. FF1 is about same price range as Tein Street Basis/Basic. FF2/2.5 is about same price range as Tein Street Advance/SS. So not much price limit difference if you compare the same options in both. In terms of overall range though comparing apples with oranges here Derek...

Last edited:

Drew707

Reaction score
if the tein ss went lower without needing to mod them i wouldve got them since my omnis are like bone shattering stiff on harsh road. lol. good choice tho

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Ummm FF1/2/2.5 highest point is a tight pinky finger gap(that's as HIGH as they go). Having them at the highest means only a limited few threads being threaded in the lower mount. If i had my family riding on my car i would not ride them at the highest so i would be forced to go lower to have more threading support. FF1 is about same price range as Tein Street Basis/Basic. FF2/2.5 is about same price range as Tein Street Advance/SS. So not much price limit difference if you compare the same options in both. In terms of overall range though comparing apples with oranges here Derek...

I am basing my suggestion on what people's cars have looked like with the various setups and wheels.

It's a moot point though, since he already purchased suspension.

Not to mention, it was what I said I would have suggested, not what would have been the right/best thing for his setup/requirements.

So, sure, you can argue "apples and oranges", but I am voicing opinion. Not worth an argument here Levin.

bwizard

Reaction score
Still awaiting the Teins, but this morning, I did the Acura TL rear sway bar swap with new moog endlinks. This is a Florida car, so I had zero issues with rusted fastners and I was able to knock it out in under an hour out in my driveway. I must say it is a very noticable difference in handling. Cheap too. $106 included shipping for all new parts. End links from Amazon and bar, bushings and holding hardware from Delray Acura here in FL.

Back