New Coilovers orderd

SykVSyx

Reaction score
NEED for the suspension....hard to say until you get under there and see the state of things.

There are definately things to consider getting for suspension upgrades.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I spent the extra $22 and ordered the polished bar. Since I switched to the street advance, i had extra $ to blow. :hihi: Are there any other parts Ill need for the suspension? Boots mounting hardware, Etc.....

Just jack up the car and give things a shake while you wait for the stuff to come in...
Things to check would be upper/lower ball joints, wheel bearings, tie rods, endlinks(front/back), sway bar bushings/brackets, control arm bushings, cv boots and axles.

bwizard

Reaction score
Roger that. So far all looks well. I had all that looked at when i bought it a few months ago. All we could find was the struts were a bit tired. Looking forward to getting the teins on there. Then Im thinking 5 lug and disc brake upgrade along with new wheels after that.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Roger that. So far all looks well. I had all that looked at when i bought it a few months ago. All we could find was the struts were a bit tired. Looking forward to getting the teins on there. Then Im thinking 5 lug and disc brake upgrade along with new wheels after that.

Your son is going to get quite the upgraded Accord by the time you're done!

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43741

bwizard

Reaction score
These Tenzo Type M's rims in 18x8.0 +45 4/114.3 should fit without any issues, correct? Are the Tenzos a decent wheel? Ive decided against the 5 lug swap....I really have no reason to blow that coin. Tire size for these??? Just looking to fill the wheel well up. Not going to slam it.

ry%3D400

Im feeling like buying something....:omghi2u:

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
These Tenzo Type M's rims in 18x8.0 +45 4/114.3 should fit without any issues, correct? Are the Tenzos a decent wheel? Ive decided against the 5 lug swap....I really have no reason to blow that coin. Tire size for these??? Just looking to fill the wheel well up. Not going to slam it.

ry%3D400

Im feeling like buying something....:omghi2u:

Yeah they should fit with no issues.
As for tires, you need 215/40-18.

Something to look at http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21881 to give you an idea before you buy them

Last edited:

bwizard

Reaction score
Yeah they should fit with no issues.
As for tires, you need 215/40-18.

Thanks for the link.....Myabe I'd be better off with the 37 offset??? That would put the spokes deeper into the wheel, right?
Any advantge to a certain diameter wheel, or is it just personal preference?

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
OK....Any advantge to a certain diameter wheel, or is it just personal preference? You have 17's, correct?

Personally I went with 17s versus 18s as a trade off to there being more tire to absorb some damage from the many potholes that exist in here plus a bit for ride comfort due to there being more sidewall versus having 18s. I guess its preference mainly...
Just keep in mind that what happens is a relative relationship of wheel/tire. You give up some tire sidewall to get more wheel diameter and vice versa. This applying only if you want to keep your speedometer as precise as possible.

Thanks for the link.....Myabe I'd be better off with the 37 offset??? That would put the spokes deeper into the wheel, right?
The offset of the original wheels that came with our cars is
15x6 +46, 4x114.3 bolt pattern, 12x1.5 lug nut size, 19mm nuts, 64.1 bore diameter

The +37 will stick out(towards the outside/fender) more then the +45 will. I may be wrong, but i dont think it'll affect the spokes position relative to the wheel.

So comparing to OEM wheels with..

18*8 with 37 offset
Inner Clearance: 16mm less(the inside of the wheel to the strut housing)
Outer Position:EXTEND an extra 34mm(position of the outside edge of the wheel)

18*8 +45 offset
Inner Clearance: 24mm less(the inside of the wheel to the strut housing)
Outer Position:EXTEND an extra 26mm(position of the outside edge of the wheel)

Check this site out to aid your decision making in terms of size/offset
http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
or
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Last edited:

bwizard

Reaction score
That clears it up.....now I get it. Ive looked at that calculator, but now have a clearer understanding. :coffee: Thanks for the help with that.

Back