Interest In Custom Rear Control Arms

Are you interested in custom arms?

• Yes, I am interested.

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • I may be, depending on the price.

Votes: 31 39.2%
  • Not really. What's available right now suits my needs.

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Im interested. Always down for quality parts. Who will be the manufacturer? Any info/review on their other products. How long would this take IF this acutally becomes a group buy and follows through?
I'll have to discuss it in more detail with my associates, but they will be designed right here in California, and then most likely manufactured in Korea. I don't know a ton of details quite yet, since the idea was proposed to me yesterday, but I will update this thread with all the relevant info.
Yeah, they would be very unhappy. I suggest finding a really good alignment guy, and a nice tip so they make sure your rear track is correct. You could potentially move the rear wheels in & out to get the fender gap perfect, you could also really **** it up.

I think it's a great idea, I just know your average tire shop isn't going to have a damn clue. Most of them only know 'get it in the green' and don't really know what they are adjusting at all. The software on the alignment machine is capable of showing the measurements needed, those pages usually used to check for accident damage, but most of those guys don't know how to get to them or read them.

Most of them are happy to get 1hr pay for a 4-wheel alignment. Getting everything straight with that many adjustments will be 1+ hours in just the back.
With just these two arms per side, it shouldn't be too bad. They will know right away which arm is for camber and which one is for toe, and they should adjust easily as long as the tech is able to get under the car. I just had my car aligned on Saturday, and it only took the guy like 30-45 minutes to align my whole car, even accounting for adjusting the steering wheel, dialing in my camber, etc.
Haha ok I understand completely now!

I have a good alignment shop I go to So i'm not worried about that lol

I'm defiantly interested though. Lets make this happen!!!
I hope so haha.
Count me in!
:thumbsup:
Thanks for posting this Kevin, good info & pics. “I may be interested, depending on price” – will be the most chosen option in typical 6GA fashion. :lawl:

Couple questions…

1) The caster that comes into effect in the rear when really slamming these cars, will this address that? Or is that a whole other issue altogether. There have been discussions about that, but it always sounded like it required a crazy amount of custom machining and geometry.

2) I am also wondering, since I don’t do my own alignments, is your average shop like Tire Discounters going to be able to decipher all the aspects of these new arms and do a proper job still? Or would you have to instruct them as to how to work it. Sounds like a specialty shop might be needed.

3) How helpful would these be for someone like me with a somewhat milder drop, at 24.5” ground to fender? Sounds like they more geared toward serious stance.

Unfortunately this will not address the wheels moving further back in the wheel well. We would need another adjustable arm, which would replace the trailing arm. Now, that being said, I could probably have that manufactured as well, but I'm not sure how it would affect anything else in the wheel well since nobody has done it yet.

I would recommend taking your car to an alignment specific shop, but the concept is pretty simple, honestly. The installation of these parts is really easy (four bolts), and they only work one way. You loosen the jam nuts on each connecting rod, and then you turn the connecting rod one direction or the other, depending on what you're trying to achieve. The furthest arm back is for toe, and the one that's more towards the front of the car (barely visible in my pic) is for camber.

1236890_10101961009977141_211005356_n.jpg

Some shops get finicky when they know that you have added camber adjustment and whatnot. Most guys just know to look for a toe bolt, and then they turn it until the machine turns green.

These arms would be useful for any Accord, even if it's completely stock. As I explained, it's possible that your alignment could change on stock hardware if you hit a bump in the road. These will eliminate any possibility of that happening pretty much. If your alignment gets screwed up from hitting something, you have other problems at that point haha. The only thing I will say, is that on a car that is more OEM+, you may not like them for two reasons. One being that because there are no rubber bushings, you will get more feedback from the road transmitted directly into the cabin. Another is that they will be noisier than your OEM arms, again, due to the lack of a rubber bushing. These arms should be able to correct camber and toe, as well as add negative camber if you're looking to do so. On the arms I have right now, when I matched the length of the arms to stock, I was at almost -4.7 on one side, and -4.3 on the other side. They could definitely go more negative, and had room to go more positive. The tech had no problem getting the toe corrected.
count me in...
:afro:
Kevin you know I'm in.

Maybe getting some caster arms for the front also?
Maybe! I'd have to see the design of them and work with my buddy on it. Honestly any arm has a possibility of being replaced. It comes down to the money though. If you replaced every arm, it would be VERY expensive, and your alignment guy would hate your guts.

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be more feasible to use an off the shelf poly urethane bushing insert and metal sleeve?

Momentum

Reaction score
Keep me updated and I'll buy a pair as soon as their ready.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
With just these two arms per side, it shouldn't be too bad. They will know right away which arm is for camber and which one is for toe, and they should adjust easily as long as the tech is able to get under the car. I just had my car aligned on Saturday, and it only took the guy like 30-45 minutes to align my whole car, even accounting for adjusting the steering wheel, dialing in my camber, etc.

Yeah, sorry, I meant in combination with the adjustable upper arm. I should have been more clear.

1) The caster that comes into effect in the rear when really slamming these cars, will this address that? Or is that a whole other issue altogether. There have been discussions about that, but it always sounded like it required a crazy amount of custom machining and geometry.

:wtf2:

Unfortunately this will not address the wheels moving further back in the wheel well. We would need another adjustable arm, which would replace the trailing arm. Now, that being said, I could probably have that manufactured as well, but I'm not sure how it would affect anything else in the wheel well since nobody has done it yet.

Oh...hmmm. I was confused about that. RedRyder, caster specifically refers to steering axis angle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caster_angle

250px-Caster_angle.svg.png

No steering, no caster. I thought you were maybe referring to bump steer/bump toe, which refers to toe change during suspension movement.

Interesting bit about the development of the Honda 5-link,

http://world.honda.com/news/1997/t970702b.html

and toe change during bump, which is why I thought you were talking about caster

t970702b_12.gif

With all 5 arms adjustable, I think you could move the wheel forward, but I don't think you can do anything about the toe change, which get's fairly severe when the car is slammed, which has mostly to do with the angle of the arms, not the length, except modify the subframe-side mounting points. The real downer, it causes the outside wheel to toe-in during cornering, basically making the rear of the car steer itself towards the corner, contributing to understeer.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
I would be very interested. :iranmaybe:
Wouldn't it be more feasible to use an off the shelf poly urethane bushing insert and metal sleeve?
Potentially, yes. I'm not sure if that's an option from the manufacturing plant though.
Keep me updated and I'll buy a pair as soon as their ready.
u got all 4 for $85

everyone else gets a pair for $120?

:thinking:
Reading comprehension has eluded Roy.

I paid $85 for four generic arms. The arms I'm proposing don't exist. I used my arms as a reference for the type of adjustment you'll get, but with the added benefits of a spherical bearing. Please read the thread.
xci.ed6 said:
With all 5 arms adjustable, I think you could move the wheel forward, but I don't think you can do anything about the toe change, which get's fairly severe when the car is slammed, which has mostly to do with the angle of the arms, not the length, except modify the subframe-side mounting points. The real downer, it causes the outside wheel to toe-in during cornering, basically making the rear of the car steer itself towards the corner, contributing to understeer.
Yeah, too much work for something like that. I can just imagine how horrible it would be to try and align that and see a jungle gym underneath each wheel well.

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
ah, i see tht now

shows u how much i care abt it since i'm reverting my car back to stock :lawl:

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Updated the pricing on the first page. Misheard pricing, unfortunately. They'd probably end up closer to $150 per pair, including the lock out kit.

Confirmed that they would be made in Korea. Chrome steel arms, with chrome rod ends that are covered in a rubber dust boot.

Back