How to install coilovers?

k3nnex

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a car noob, seriously. Anyways I came up with the great idea of getting Omni coilovers for my car and lower it enough to clear the wheel gap. The problem is I have NO CLUE how to do it and my friends who do know how to lower cars only done Civics and stuff.

Is there a guide on how to install coilovers for 98 Accord? I want to do it myself rather than pay someone to do my car.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
If they can do a civic they can do yours

+1

our cars not hard at all. just rear endlinks are a bitch, haha. but yea man, its cake. and if you need to pick up a Haynes manual, thatll help you out, i had one to guide me when i did mine, but its pretty obvious if you just look over the car. and good choice with the omni's :thumbsup:

Mojeans69

Reaction score

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
its really not too hard to change out a suspension on our cars like said before get a manual all of the tools needed and maybe annother person

I did mine myself was'nt too hard just take your time installing and all will be good

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
find someone local, and have them help you, and pay them in beer and pizza

k3nnex

Reaction score
I do have a guy I can pay, but I actually want to be the guy who works on his own car. It's going to be a good learning experience.

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
+1

our cars not hard at all. just rear endlinks are a bitch, haha. but yea man, its cake. and if you need to pick up a Haynes manual, thatll help you out, i had one to guide me when i did mine, but its pretty obvious if you just look over the car. and good choice with the omni's :thumbsup:

I installed my oem spring n shock last fall, did it alone under 4 hours. No need to touch the endlink, just remove a few bolts holding the sway bar and the bolts holding the endlink to the frame. Just move it a little for clearance. :beer:

when doing the front, dont forget to turn the wheel for clearance

Back