Acura TL OEM wheels weight

l34merik

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just picked up a set of 2006 Acura RL 17in wheels for a really good price. I really wanted 04-08 Acura TL wheels but these were too cheap to pass up and looked very similar to TL ones. I had everything planned (new tires, tl rear-sway-bar, ground controls) but now I just weighed them on my digital scale and it was:
25.2lbs

Isn't that really really heavy? Stock accord alloy wheels are about 17lbs. And looking on tirerack, there are a tons of 17" wheels in the 14-18lbs range and only a few are about 25lbs. I read so much about the disadvantages of heavy wheels. Going from 18lbs to 25lbs per wheels is like adding [(25-18)x7x4] = 196lbs to my car, possibly decreasing mpg by 5-10% and slow down acceleration.

I know a lot of 6gens who rock Acura TL wheels. I tried the search but couldn't find how much they weigh. Are the as heavy as these RL wheels? And do you guys just not care about the weight and cause "accords are slow anyways" or just have two sets of wheels?

Thanks in advance, below is what the wheels look like.

AC94.jpg

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
is that even alloy?? jk

unless your hitting up the strip with serious bolt-ons, i say rock it and be happy in grandma car:ownedrun:

sodaks2k

Reaction score
You do realize that the RL's bolt pattern is 5 x 120, not 5 x 114.3 right?

Last edited:

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
yeah not to mention there are pretty wide with the oem tires that come on them like the 235 45 17 I blames these wheels for putting my first tranny to death along with my heavy system

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Heavy wheels from a heavy car. I've got CL-S 17s and they're a bit heavier than my RH's, that's the way it goes. When it comes to mpg, there won't be a significant difference.

Put some pics up when you get em on.

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
im sure the TLs as heavy as Red02AccordV6 2 said cuz they really feel heavy when i had them on when i accelerate.
But yea do post pics up when u get them on ur car.

Back