Ugh. Why did I have to see this?

Just...

• Let it go. Get your trans swapped & look for SC later.

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Get it and let it sit until you swap.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Get it and install it with the auto.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I am not buying this, but out of pure curiosity tell me if you think I'm nuts for not getting it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0173689702&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The reason I am not buying it is because I am still on the 4spd auto. From my reading, a supercharger with the J30a1 is fine with the engine's stock internals and all, but will either kill the auto, or significantly shorten its life which may as well be the same thing. Swapping to 6spd may be in my future and I'm the type of person that stocks up on parts when I find what I want for a good deal. My suspension sat around for almost a year before I put it on.

So, with how expensive the tranny swap is and how much work it takes to get things running the way they are suppose to...I am thinking it is a dumb idea to invest in this now. But I keep thinking of how good a deal it is even though I would never install it while I am auto, even though IcyAccord and aznfunkyflip ran one with their V6 autos. Not sure how long they did that for though.

I hate polls, but...

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
I already think you should get it and even if you dont put it on you can always sell it to me later lol. You can also sell it for more you never know people just dont have the money right now

dcmystery21

Reaction score
that is quite a deal unless the price spikes wayyyy up. i would get it and let it sit. worse comes to worst, resell it and you can make your money back.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
terrible ebay listing :ugh:

should go for around $1500 i'd say but theres only like an hour left.

i'd save up for the 6spd swap first, then if you see a better-described supercharger kit, jump on it. put it on once youre ready to swap in the transmission and say goodbye to the 4spd in style :naughtyrun:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That is what I will do. For a second I had this thought I could do what Icyaccord and aznfunkyflip did and run the auto with this. But I quickly came to my senses. Two people doing that is not a good basis for making this decision. It will do more with a manual anyway.

I had contacted the seller to get some details since the listing was hardly descriptive, and got this:

"I RUN A HONDA SALVAGE YARD. IT CAME OFF A 2001 ACCORD COUPE V6. TOTALLED IN THE REAR. THE CAR ONLY HAD 86,OOO MILES. IVE HAD THE SUPER CHARGER FOR 2 MONTHS. IT IS SUPER CLEAN."

Guy has a good rating. Regardless I'm not buying this. For a minute my eyes were bigger than my brain. Ritght now I am guessing it will go for $1300.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
...Wow that guy might not actually know/ care about how much he gets rid of the supercharger. This could be one of those rare items for such an unbelievable price.

I'd put the 6 speed in and wait for the supercharger.
For a minute I thought this thread was about you busting your oem front lip or what not and creating a poll about buying a new one or whatever.

Good luck

00accord91

Reaction score
swap first. god forbid something goes wrong u dont wanna have wasted some extra cash

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
...Wow that guy might not actually know/ care about how much he gets rid of the supercharger. This could be one of those rare items for such an unbelievable price.

I'd put the 6 speed in and wait for the supercharger.
For a minute I thought this thread was about you busting your oem front lip or what not and creating a poll about buying a new one or whatever.

Good luck

A half hour left, and at $640. Could jump up a great deal, but I think whoever picks this up is getting a helluva deal. If I had already swapped trannys I would be all over this.

lol if I busted my front lip, there would be no poll...I'd buy the first decent one I found. And that would be after crying.

swap first. god forbid something goes wrong u dont wanna have wasted some extra cash

Agreed. As hard as this is to overlook, I'm playing it smart and letting it go. Maybe someday.

sodaks2k

Reaction score
I'd watch until the last minute and see what it goes for. That's a damn good price, almost too good to let it go. But it would be better and more reassuring if it was actually his or he had better history of it. Safe/smart thing would be to do the 6 speed first, but damn that's a good price. :)

FlipStylie

Reaction score
I have to echo Ryan here. Walk away, and save for your swap.

When it comes to internals, I'm terribly anal about making sure everything is in good working order, comes from a quality manufacturer, etc.... You can't really be sure what's happened to this SC until you have it in front of you, and IMO it's quite a high ticket price to find out...

Back