Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 10/28/13

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Re: Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 3/25/13

So I buckled, and bought a few things.... :lolhitting:

Bought the Acura TL Progress 24mm rear sway bar and Moog end links, and also a set of 225/45/R17 Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 High Performance All-season tires.

The way I think about it as far as tires, is that regardless if I spend $400 or $1,000 on tires, i'm spinning them either way and going through tread, so might as well go a little cheaper and just have fun with the car then spend an arm and a leg and go through them just as fast........ Not the best tire but will work just fine really.

Should have all the stuff by the end of the week, work on getting them all installed next week, and all that is left is alignment and tune!

hotaccord243

Reaction score

:147703263745b138a51

MOOG end links are here tomorrow, tires are here Thursday (Thanks to Amazon prime!).

Sway bar, who knows LOL. Ordered from racetechperformance.com, and they are slow....

I want to start working on functionality versus aesthetics. I will be doing road racing with my buddy so I want to start working on speed, downforce, steering/suspension, and braking more so now that i'm bound to break that 400whp mark. Want to have fun with it for a while before I go for a dyno ***** solely for larger numbers.

Eventually I will be going for larger numbers above and beyond what I'm shooting for, but have two tunes to bounce back and forth with. One for the track, and one for dyno/fun....

Hopefully more to come soon! :hihi:

akoutmos

Reaction score

Road racing and autoX and sooooooo much fun. You'll be hooked for sure ;). My suggestion though would be to get a set of wheels and tires specifically for racing. Tires make all the difference in racing. I don't think you will get the performance you want out of the all seasons you listed. Just my 2 cents. The tire that everyone seems to be talking about is the bfgoodrich rival. A buddy is running them on his 240 this season.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Rival&partnum=05WR5GFR

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Road racing and autoX and sooooooo much fun. You'll be hooked for sure ;). My suggestion though would be to get a set of wheels and tires specifically for racing. Tires make all the difference in racing. I don't think you will get the performance you want out of the all seasons you listed. Just my 2 cents. The tire that everyone seems to be talking about is the bfgoodrich rival. A buddy is running them on his 240 this season.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Rival&partnum=05WR5GFR

Definitely second that, have done both several times, and beyond a blast! Blew my old non-built motor at a road track, pushing too much constant boost through it.

I was thinking of just using the Kumho all seasons for street tires, and (since I have (2) other sets of rims) basically get a set of track tires to go for the auto-x and more specifically road racing events and swap them out so i'm good for both.

I haven't seen that tire before honestly, looks like a good cost-effective tire for both road/auto-x events for sure! I was thinking something along those lines, something in-between (Toyo Proxes, Yokohoma Advan) or just go straight to Hoosiers or similar after i'm all set up for track events.

The other thing I want to do is basically get rid of the interior eventually and make a weld in roll cage etc.... but we shall see where this goes. Basically I'm getting the point where functionality is more of a higher priority (and power) rather than looks or engine bay cleanliness. Because I use it ALL the time in the summer. Still on the fence with the whole idea.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Well got the rear sway bar out..... Pretty skinny piece of hollow metal if you ask me after looking at it when it's out. ha.

IMAG0340_zpsc4f7ff96.jpg

Of course had to cut the end links in half to get it out as you can tell. So now I will have to cut out the top half of the end links. AND, of course 3 out of 4 bolts for the sway bar brackets snapped off, so of course have to drill those out and re-tap, but at least it's out....

I kind of figured this would happen, and that's why I started it last night so I have time to drill/tap/cut anything before it arrives Tuesday of next week.

akoutmos

Reaction score

Same thing happened to me. The bolts were rusted and completely demolished. Looking good so far.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

Got everything cut out and drilled out for all new hardware and end links. finally. New sway bar comes tomorrow, and probably get the tires on this week. More to come after I get the sway bar on.

Back