I got 10 quarts of oil... in my engine son!

wesmac

Reaction score
Its nice to be back on the forums long time no see, wish it was better circumstances.lol....The ISSUE:

Replaced hoses for radiator over the summer. Got to school in August, noticed rad. reservoir was getting close to the LOW reading, so i filled er up. Checked back this week, after about 5k miles, and guess what....empty....hmm....so I filled er up again, and 12 hrs later....about halfway to low....well, the fluid is still as green as the hulk in the rad.......no leaks on the hoses....no leaking under the car...hmm....so I checked my oil today after the car had sat for awhile...supposed to be in between two marks...about 3.5 inches up the rod instead of the 1" recommended.....so....either at my last oil change they gave me the "buy 5 quarts get 5 quarts free" on my oil or somethings fishy...........any ideas.....and no, oil does not smell sweet nor does it have a green tint, still brown and smells like oil.....and NO i didnt taste it...!

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Just drain the oil until ur at the right level? Weird why they would overfill it like that. I don't think it's a coolant or head gasket issue.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
and no, oil does not smell sweet nor does it have a green tint, still brown and smells like oil.....and NO i didnt taste it...!

oil is brown? sounds like a blown headgasket imo
roy
image.php

the coolant has to be going somewhere...

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score
isnt that normal?...i remember filling up my coolant between the "low" and "max". now its on the "low" line.

finch13

Reaction score
Coolant is heavier than oil, so if you pull the plug, it should drain a ton of water if that's where the coolant is going. It may be past the point of separating and just come out in a milkshake/chocolate pudding substance. Hopefully not the pudding, you'd be looking at a full flush and/or rebuild.

Back