Second company to carry prefab HID's

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
XenonDepot now carries a premade HID headlight for our cars, which appear very similar to TYC's. I e-mailed them, skeptical at first, but they tell me it's a real HID Projector. With a price tag of $999 with the Bulbs, Ballast, Harness, and headlights, it's not a bad price considering you can throw it on right out of the box.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Looks like re-made TYC's to me more than likly they used cheap bosche projectors

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I've seen Bosch projector cutoff, it's damn nice. The bulbs appear to be D1S bulbs, so that narrows down what they could be.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
kind of funny how they dont say what componets where used all they mention is Phillips..I don't know i'm kind of weary of it..for $999 take off 100%-200% markup and you get roughly what it costs them to make them headlamps so it's bound to be cheap projectors and what not and it looks pretty damn close to the TYC's..i'd feel A LOT more comforable trusting someone like customlightz because you know for a fact what is going into them..I mean think about it even the TYC are all DOT compliant but the light output isn't all that great

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Well i'm not saying they're passing them off I'm saying the design is based off of them it looks like. I think the company that makes is "XGL" because if you google these headlamps everyone and their mother carries them now..xenondepot, streebeatcustoms..so on and they are all the exact same

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Wildman said:
if those aren't tyc's i'm going to be real confused
yeah same here..I have a feeling it's TYC with some cheap HID project like Bosche stuck in them..the bulbs and ballasts are obviously put together since Phillips DOES NOT offer any 9006 or 9005 HID bulbs..so that's definitly rebased which is no good..not to mention Phillips doesn't even endorse or recommend anyone buy a "Phillips HID kit" sense most are just relabled, no-namers & rebases

Back