How to get rubber burns off paint

nyknick1015

Reaction score
So i finally have some time to get my car into the shop for paint from last months fender bender and i noticed a rubber burn right on the door from my when it blew off (dont ask how)

what is a good way to get this rubber burn off with out having to paint into the door???... If you ask why not just repaint the door while im at it, Im trying not to put TOO much work into it before i sell it, keeping cost and time down

rubberburn.jpg

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
Is it an actual burn into the paint or is there just rubber on the paint?

Grease & was remover should do the trick, won't harm the paint.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i edited the first post with picture... i tried agressively rubbing it out when i washed my car the other day... and im guessing you mean grease and WAX remover right?

im selling the car 1 because some reason, i cant keep a car for more than two years, and 2 im moving on to a car that better suits my needs at this point in my life... a sedan was fine for a while but i just couldnt do everything that i wanted to with it... like i said in other post... if i dont find a clean 5speed coupe that can make me come back to honda, im getting my subie wagon... that or an SUV

finch13

Reaction score
Yeah, grease and WAX remover should be able to handle that :lawl:

I would think an auto parts store would carry it or you could just ask a body shop to rub it off, they should have tons of that ****.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
if wax and grease dosnt work,Or still leaves some...get a paint stick, 1500grit paper, spray bottle hose door down,and paper..sand lightly until its gone or close to.Just dont go through,and be careful on the edges those burn 1st.then redo with 2000g..Then buff it..
OR try buffing it 1st to see.

Back