Are the Bridgestone Potenza G 019 Grid any good?

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
I need to get tires pretty soon for my car and my last three set of tires have been the Falken ziex ze-912 which IMO, are crap. I've only kept re-buying them because I get them at a pro-rated price which makes them dirt cheap. I'm tired of having to buy a new set of tires every 9 months/30k miles when the tires are supposed to be 65k miles.

Anyways, that aside, what do you guys think of the Potenza G 019 tires? I've been reading up on them on TireRack.com. People there seem to complain mainly about the tire noise which will not really bother me unless it starts to sound like off-road tires from a lifted Chevy 1500 or something like that. I'm curious though, does anybody here have any experience with them, or does anybody have some input of another set of tires no more than $115/ea.?

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
I highly doubt they will "womp" like mud tires... seriously though.. who really cares about road noise unless you have a luxury car :roy:

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
I highly doubt they will "womp" like mud tires... seriously though.. who really cares about road noise unless you have a luxury car :roy:

like i said, i don't care about road noise unless it "womps" as you put it.

i'm just curious what you guys think about them or if you guys have any experience with them in regards to how long they last and their overall performance.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Oh okay... I actually think a buddy of mine has them on his SRT...oh wait... Neon :lawl:

I'll double check and hopefully get you some feedback

Cpyro

Reaction score
u get 30k miles out of your tires in 9months? if thats right i dunno maybe u gotta keep up with rotations more cause u put down so many miles every year. Your car is alignd right?

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
u get 30k miles out of your tires in 9months? if thats right i dunno maybe u gotta keep up with rotations more cause u put down so many miles every year. Your car is alignd right?

yea, i got the lifetime alignment at firestone and i take advantage of that!! I get my rotations done every 6k - 8k miles and alignment done every other rotation.

i have noticed though, and i'm not sure if this is normal for our accords or if it's just mine, that my front wheels always wear out faster on the inside than they do on the outside. it's like both front wheels are like -0.5 camber. just enough for me not to notice the negative camber but enough for the inside tread to wear out faster than the outside of the tires.

there is a tire review thread... go check it out

lol, really? i guess typing in "Potenza G 019" in the search bar wouldn't come up with a review thread, lol.

Cpyro

Reaction score
hmmm damn, i do like 10-14k a year ive only changed tires once, had the car for like 3yrs before i changed them.

blankkoop

Reaction score
i had those same falkens and they do wear out fast as well give road noise....yokohama are under 100... im thinking about doing a set..

firestone might not be setting your toe right...do you sit in there and watch them do your alignment? last time i got my car done i did and the guy made sure he zeroed out everything because i was right in front of him... also always ask for printout before they start, if you wait then they'll come up w/excuse that they cant do because you had to ask before hand..

i was told up to 1 degree camber wont affect wear much as long as everything else is within the limits...

Back