Scraping my h22a build, going boost!

604ACCORD

Reaction score
So after a lot of research and more research I have decided to go with boosting my stock f23 instead of h22a swap. Main reason being numbers, with the amount of work building and installing a h22a I could achieve the same numbers if not better by doing a 5psi boost on my F23 and a lot less wiring and work. I'm hoping to run about 5 to 7 psi probably would run around 5 to play it safe. I'm hoping for about 200-220hp ish, hoping to blow around 3k.

Here's my inspiration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sfeuy7E1tg
Unlike this video series I would use quality parts

I saw this seems to be good but I don't know. http://www.turbokits.com/Honda/Accord/Turbo_Kits/TSI_Turbo_Kit/262/

Plans
OEM injectors
12-1 FMU
OEM map
190lph fuel pump
Turbo manifold and down pipe
All necessary lines and piping
Quality:
-Turbo
-Blow off
-Wastgate
-Intercooler
-Fuel pressure regulator

Might of missed a few things but u get the idea

Anybody with knowledge of these setups could you please share, if you know anything helpful or something I should know please do tell.

Last edited:

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I'm hoping to save up this winter while putting my h22a back together, sell the motor and buy all the stuff in spring and install it all. My 5spd swap and front BBK will be finished first. I'm excited to get some more power out of this car, after having a ride in my neighbor/buddy's boosted 240 hearing the sound of the blow off and feeling the acceleration I was sold. He figures he's running about 250hp and it was fast!

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Ever since i sat in a 95 civic hatchback my uncle built I was hooked on building my own one day.

He was an amazing builder. That car he took me for a drive in was a b18c1 turbo daily driven on 15lbs of boost with a high boost switch that ramped it up to 30lbs of boost for 450hp to the wheels....on pump gas!!!

One day I'll have him build me a 400hp daily driver.

TedMicer

Reaction score
Then get a f20b which is easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

604ACCORD

Reaction score
It's the same swap....

Except fb20 is obd2 I think. I just started pricing this build out and to achieve 220 to 240 hp is not going to be cheaper than boosting my f23 at 6psi plus I'd prolly get more power from boost. My engine shop agrees its a much better option. Also the look of the intercooler and the blow off kinda sell it. I'm going to re seal up my h22 and sell it save up over winter and buy that turbo kit I posted up.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Good choice, now take advantage of the parts I'm selling - combo deal available for new Crower rods, and barely used CP pistons for a true internals build.. I also have new ACL bearings. PM me for more info. If you are doing an all-out build, you will save several-hundred $$ with mine, as opposed to buying them new on RaceEng.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So after a lot of research and more research I have decided to go with boosting my stock f23 instead of h22a swap. Main reason being numbers, with the amount of work building and installing a h22a I could achieve the same numbers if not better by doing a 5psi boost on my F23 and a lot less wiring and work. I'm hoping to run about 5 to 7 psi probably would run around 5 to play it safe. I'm hoping for about 200-220hp ish, hoping to blow around 3k.

Here's my inspiration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sfeuy7E1tg
Unlike this video series I would use quality parts

I saw this seems to be good but I don't know. http://www.turbokits.com/Honda/Accord/Turbo_Kits/TSI_Turbo_Kit/262/

Plans
OEM injectors
12-1 FMU
OEM map
190lph fuel pump
Turbo manifold and down pipe
All necessary lines and piping
Quality:
-Turbo
-Blow off
-Wastgate
-Intercooler
-Fuel pressure regulator

Might of missed a few things but u get the idea

Anybody with knowledge of these setups could you please share, if you know anything helpful or something I should know please do tell.

Put your money where it needs to go - fueling & the turbo & tuning

Ditch the OEM injectors, FMU, and not sure what MAP sensor you plan on using, the factory one will be fine until you really start raising the boost.

Get a walbro 255
Quality injectors
Find a tuner first and see what they recommend or can tune with. You can stick with an internally gated turbo to start with to keep the costs down initially.

Back