DIY LED clock light (w/ pics)

yellowfever

Reaction score
uhg ok so i just did the LED clock mod and it turned out great, no hot spot at all but like an idiot i cracked the magnetic screen and it has the broken etch-a-sketch look now, does anyone know where i can get a new one?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
uhg ok so i just did the LED clock mod and it turned out great, no hot spot at all but like an idiot i cracked the magnetic screen and it has the broken etch-a-sketch look now, does anyone know where i can get a new one?
Sounds like you'll have to buy a new clock.

rustyxsurfx08

Reaction score
ya so uhh real old thread. anyway i got a question... i tried to this mod bc i have blue gauges and maybe i just suck at soddering but the led doesnt come on. im gonna try it again any advice?

also my turn signals dont work either lol. im just ****ing stuff up now. need some help!!!

TeeJ

Reaction score
You think that a new clock for 60 dollars is insane? I once told them to replace my clock light and it cost me 54 dollars >_< Just the light

I4 CG5

Reaction score
ya so uhh real old thread. anyway i got a question... i tried to this mod bc i have blue gauges and maybe i just suck at soddering but the led doesnt come on. im gonna try it again any advice?

also my turn signals dont work either lol. im just ****ing stuff up now. need some help!!!

Try rotating the light 180 degrees. LEDs matter which way they are in. Also, if you held the soldering iron on for too long, you can fry the LED.

Is your hazard switch plugged in? If not, your turn signals won't work.

Hope that helps

rustyxsurfx08

Reaction score
ok so i put my stock bulb back in cuz the led wasnt working and tried the signals again..nothing. i think my hazard switch might be broken. would i not be able to use the turn signals cuz of this?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
easy answer: yes, your turn signals wont work.

make sure the harness is plugged in all the way...otherwise, you might need to hunt down the fuse...

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
easy answer: yes, your turn signals wont work.

make sure the harness is plugged in all the way...otherwise, you might need to hunt down the fuse...

lol i found that out the hard way when someone broke into my 5th gen and somehow managed to jack up my hazard switch when they stole the cd player.... had to find all the little fuking pieces so i could re-assemble it.....luckily they were still in the car.

Back