N/A to FI: AFAccord's 10:1 Comp Turbo F23 Build Thread/Restoration

AFAccord

Reaction score
Looking forward to the product review on that.

It won't be scientific, but I'll try my best to do some before/after comparisons under the same conditions. I might even mount the GoPro in the engine bay to watch the radius rods during the runs.

I'm confident the difference will be very noticeable, just not sure how much it'll help the car get off the line in 1st gear.

Hopefully it does Help, Not having traction sux. Im still waiting on my clutch to go out so i can put in my lsd. Right now im a one wheel wonder.
With over 300 ft/tq i see why people get subbies and evos i want that awd!
BTW how much did you pay for that?

If you've already got a new clutch, just do it! Why wait? AWD should be fun, but I'd worry too much about breaking stuff from hard launches. I paid the price listed on the site with torque mount. I didn't really want the torque mount, but the more I thought about it, the ONLY reason was to save a few bucks, and that's just not a good reason in the end. We'll just have to see if it clears my down pipe and dump tube...

Chorilored

Reaction score
If you've already got a new clutch, just do it! Why wait? AWD should be fun, but I'd worry too much about breaking stuff from hard launches. I paid the price listed on the site with torque mount. I didn't really want the torque mount, but the more I thought about it, the ONLY reason was to save a few bucks, and that's just not a good reason in the end. We'll just have to see if it clears my down pipe and dump tube...

Im willing to wait to be sure my old stage 1 is wasted, im frugal like that:hands:
about the traction bar, does it replace the WHOLE front beam (C) in picure below:

if it does thats pretty good weight savings as well.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Yep, it replaces that whole part. I don't remember that piece being so heavy as much as it was just awkward to carry. I'd guess no more than 30lbs. The new piece probably weighs at least 15-20, so the weight probably isn't too different. I'll make a note to weigh them when I'm swapping them.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Any traction bar results?

Well, I haven't had an alignment yet because I haven't lowered the car to where I want it, and I can't lower it until I pass inspection.

The best observation I can give you is that it immediately reduced torque steer and improved stability when doing power pulls in 3rd and 4th gear, but there's still a LOT left to be desired when it comes to launching and pulls in 2nd gear. Wheel hop is still very prevalent and there doesn't seem to be any noticeable improvement in traction off the line. We'll see how it does in the next few weeks after an alignment.

On another note, I've discovered a new-found love for the limited slip when blasting around on-ramps at speed. :driver:

Chorilored

Reaction score
I cant wait to put in my lsd. I hate when one wheel just start spinning when im trying to make a sharp turn.
Have you considered stiffer rear springs to limit weight transfer?

AFAccord

Reaction score
I just recently switched from Sportline springs to GC Coilover sleeves. I only opted for a slightly firmer spring rate than their default offering, (9k/7k) since I didn't want to sacrifice ride quality too much. The steering response is much quicker now with the GC sleeves, but I find that adjusting the dampening of my shocks has a much more dramatic effect on ride quality and preventing weight transfer.

AFAccord

Reaction score
I'm almost certain those weren't available when I ordered the Crowers. I do remember Bisimoto offering a custom F23 rod/piston combo for about $860 just a week or so after I spent $1200 on the Crower/Wiseco setup.

orkavic

Reaction score
Hey af, I just got done reading this entire thread. Very inspirational build! I'm not sure if it would be inappropriate to ask, but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing how much you spent on the project. I realize that it has been a few years and the pricing on some of the components has changed a bit, but I figure if you have the number available, it might offer a good ceiling amount that could possibly be spent if one wanted to produce a top quality build, like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back