New G23 Thread

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
S-spec said:
Forgive my ignorence, but what exactly are you breaking in...

Did you do anything to the block?

And you are probably doing more damage to your cylinder sleeves driving around untuned for 300 miles that you would have beating the **** out of it while it IS tuned. :confused:

Wow!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
S-spec said:
Forgive my ignorence, but what exactly are you breaking in...

Did you do anything to the block?

And you are probably doing more damage to your cylinder sleeves driving around untuned for 300 miles that you would have beating the **** out of it while it IS tuned. :confused:

the block is untouched, so it won't say it's actually "breaking in" ;) i just like to call it tht :p

i understand what u're saying abt the tuned vs untuned issue...tht why the car is not being diven much (and trust me, 300 miles for 3 weeks is not much for my standards lol... i put 300 miles on my celica in less than a week :rofl: )

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
Starting this week im not even drivin mine during the week anymore. Im gettin ready for the G swap plus gas is gonna be 4.15 by June 15 in the DC Metro Area. I can catch the bus any way. Saves on gas and I ride the train to work. so 3.50 a day to park in the garage is a waste.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
update: PS belt and alt belt were too close... reused the F23 alt bracket (modified of course) and F23 alt.... more space in between the belts now... and this would be cheaper for u guys wanting to do the swap next :beer:

there's a crome tuner referred to my by the shop tht did my swap... $275 to chip a p06 ecu and dyno tune it... pretty good price imo.... just need to find a p06 now :bash:

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
update: PS belt and alt belt were too close... reused the F23 alt bracket (modified of course) and F23 alt.... more space in between the belts now... and this would be cheaper for u guys wanting to do the swap next :beer:

there's a crome tuner referred to my by the shop tht did my swap... $275 to chip a p06 ecu and dyno tune it... pretty good price imo.... just need to find a p06 now :bash:

Thanx for that. You just saved me so much more money.

Back