Mission Impossible:Get to NA 150 WHP:Do you accept?

kapao818

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
Its worth it. to move the powerband around. So if you want low wend or top end you can adjust accordingly. True power is shown on the track not on dyno's dynojet's are for dynoqueens. :D

maybe i'll get the AEM cam gear then. are they hard to install...or should i just give it to a shop to install it and save me the headache?

Crono139

Reaction score
Aftermarket cam gears don't come with a woodruff key, which holds the cam gear to the camshaft.

It is attached to the stock cam gear, but cannot be removed.

You should be able to grab a spare from the dealership, or your local auto parts store.

kapao818

Reaction score
here are the dyno graphs i have from the shop
Graph 1: shows what happens at 2 different vtec engagment points. the shop guy said getting vtec to hit at 4400rpm was overall the best gains instead of having it hit at 4600rpm
CIMG0286.jpg

Graph 2: After tune and shows A/F ratio
CIMG0285.jpg

Graph 3: Blue = before tune, Red = After tune
CIMG0284.jpg

the shop guy said that the before tune should have less hp, but there was a giant random spike that threw off the reading and causes it to read the same amount of power as the after-tune.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
I've heard the only people that make cams for our cars("gude" or something?) wern't the best quality cams out there.

It was more along the lines of their customer service that sucked. There just arent many out there w/ the cam upgrade. Supposedly Rocket Motorsports was coming out w/ a cam for the F23a1, was supposed to be listed on Kteller's site but I've yet to see it there.

There's a few companies that will make a cam for you.

kapao818

Reaction score
i am debating whether to do the cam regrind or not since i have a head lying about.

Crono139

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
Supposedly Rocket Motorsports was coming out w/ a cam for the F23a1, was supposed to be listed on Kteller's site but I've yet to see it there.

You can always use the F22 cam that they offer. :)

theaccordian

Reaction score
finally got my headers and exhaust installed.

shop had to cut out my stock exhaust. I also found out that my stock cat went bad. So they threw in a Carsound High Flow Cat for $100 installed.

Powerband is alot more meaty now. I didnt feel any notcieable loss of low end. Mid to high rpm's pulls strong to redline.

DSC02277.jpg

DSC02280.jpg

DSC02279.jpg

drive by vid

Back