F23 NA BUILD 200whp or bust.......

iHazSnail

Reaction score
You are going all out NUTS with this NA build and you are using ebay headers??? hmm interesting...

michaelp4283

Reaction score
Its pretty easy to swap a header. I'll clean up the work on the ebay header to make sure all the transitions are smooth but any custom header will have to wait. I'd rather get it built and tuned to see how well its going before dropping another G on a custom header.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
as long as the headers can get the exhaust out of the engine there's no issue. imo the worst thing that could happen with crap headers is they crack and you have to replace them = more money.... other than that his biggest concern, on that end, should be getting a properly sized and good flowing exhaust to match what the engine is doing

the reason guys are busting your balls is because most people come in here and talk a lot of talk and never do **** to their car.... just the nature of car guys i guess. but you're getting it done and you're gonna get some mad respect for it; not all of us may like the end product of your car but at least you're starting in the right ****ing place and you seem to have your head out of the sand compared to most people who want big power out of this engine

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
^ completely agree. thus far.

good luck dude. just stay out of the clouds and stay realistic, just do the best you can. haha.

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
Its pretty easy to swap a header. I'll clean up the work on the ebay header to make sure all the transitions are smooth but any custom header will have to wait. I'd rather get it built and tuned to see how well its going before dropping another G on a custom header.

Good man, what ive learned on other sites is that yes alot of ebay headers arent that great but they are products, all you really have to do is make sure they stay on, some guys reinforce them with there own welds, some use stronger bolts, people do different things, but looks like you are moving in the right direction with your build good luck and any questions lemme know!

michaelp4283

Reaction score
i'm being pretty realistic numbers wise. the head outflows h22's and even stock tsx heads with SMALLER ports and of course has big displacement. what's to hold it back? i will eventually get custom headers and a 2.5 exhaust but in the mean time it should hit 200 with no problem. there is no x factor that holds the F23's back, this head is at least equal to a stock h22 head in terms of all around potential.

michaelp4283

Reaction score
so i wonder what manifold to use........ I have a skunk2 h22 manifold laying around, the intake ports are matched to the h23 already so that is an option no? or maybe not?

Marshall98

Reaction score
i would like to know the same thing. from what i understand the edlebrock victor x is the best intake manifold for NA but i cant seem to find one for a f23...

michaelp4283

Reaction score
haha there won't be one for an F23. lmao. that's totally a b series manifold that's pretty extreme and not something we'd want anyway.

Back