UPDATE!!! 3/17/12 x5carl3tmurd3rx's Turbo build

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
Re: the gnomes in my closet have been collecting parts =]

will do. gotta get into the shop tonight and check the hub out and see if the splines on the inside of that are rounded out too. parts should be here monday or tuesday.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

You may need a new hub. If you use the old one, try to get a small file and straighten out each spline, then get new studs. If this doesn't work then a new hub/bearing is the solution.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

ya I'm gonna go by the school tomorrow and take a look at it since its sittin in the parking lot outside the school on jackstands.

9450erick

Reaction score

it really sucks when you trying to complete a build and then you have to fix something that was perfectly fine.
happens to me a lot.:eusa_wall:

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

ya but the only reason it broke is cause I switched out my lug studs for some used extended ones to fit the rims I got for free. its whatever though I just added another class at school so I'll have an extra like almost $2300 from my student loan that I won't need to put into the build and won't need to live off of so I can fix whatever I need and use the rest for tools.

BkzTafetta

Reaction score

lol omg u got it good lol.....did u get the turbo as a kit or are u buying everything individually??

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

buying everything indvidually, non of the kits would be worth it for the amount of power I'm tryin to make.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

ya really haha Plus buying a kit and slapping it on wouldn't be the completely self planned and put together and fabricated kit that I want.

The whole reason I'm doing it this way is because I want to use this whole build as a sort of business card to show my work. I plan on working for a performance shop when I graduate so I figured there's no better way to get the experience I need then to build the car myself and see what kinda of things need to be done to put a turbo kit together piece by piece and the problems you can run into in the process.

Back