Accordman722's G23 Build.

akoutmos

Reaction score
Re: Accorman722's G23 Build.

The problem with H22's and boost is the fact that their sleeves are FRM. That and the H22s inherently have a higher compression ratio. Between the two of those even 10psi on a smaller turbo will not last very long. The biggest problem is that forged aftermarket pistons will not seal properly in an FRM sleeve...so lowering compression and strengthening the internals is not an option.

I have heard, but do not have experience myself, that the Mahle FRM compatible pistons will work in FRM sleeves. They say it has a special skirt coating that allows it to be functional in the sleeve. Like all piston coatings, it will not last super long. Here is a link to the pistons.
http://www.inlinefour.com/mahle-motorsports-forged-racing-pistons.html

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I'm just a little nervous about the g23. People around here say the don't last long and it gets hot in places since the head isn't made for the block. Idk. Just freaky lol
Hopefully Darksideaccord chimes in to clear this up. I would not think it has cooling issues, since the coolant channels are around the cylinder and the f23s are open deck (i.e even if it didn't line up exactly with the passages, all the passages would still get coolant).

jdmcg3

Reaction score

Still puting together what all I need to produce 250 to 300whp N/A. That is my goal.

alot more money. ha... im shooting for 250whp and ive already got about 8 or 9k into my build.. and im no where near been done building it. just saying to make that kind of N/A power aint cheap.

is this just gonna be a stock build up? or you bout to build the entire motor?

SykVSyx

Reaction score

alot more money. ha... im shooting for 250whp and ive already got about 8 or 9k into my build.. and im no where near been done building it. just saying to make that kind of N/A power aint cheap.

"I'll stick with a J-series swap for under $5K, 'Alex'."

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

You can J/6MT swap and S/C easily for less than $9k. Not sure about TC though, would have to ask Jake.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

You can J/6MT swap and S/C easily for less than $9k. Not sure about TC though, would have to ask Jake.

I think I remember Jake mentioning on V6P that he spent about $8K+, I think it's just the type of numbers you would be looking at regardless of whether it's a V6 or 4cyl TC build.

Back