New G23 Thread

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
S-spec said:
I just checked the build on honda-tech, and it said that all the timing components, so I assume the tensioner included, ar from the h23. perhaps that is where your problem lies?

perhaps.. cos i was using the f23 tensioner... dang it!! wat abt the GSR belt tho? shouldn't tht work? i still don't understand the whole "too fat" thing.. aren't all timing belts similiar in width?

S-spec

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
perhaps.. cos i was using the f23 tensioner... dang it!! wat abt the GSR belt tho? shouldn't tht work? i still don't understand the whole "too fat" thing.. aren't all timing belts similiar in width?

As far as I know, yes. It should work. Its simply a matter of length when it comes to one model to the other.

I think I still have a b-series timing belt lying around in my garage. I will go compare it to the F-series.

Give me a few minutes! :)

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
S-spec said:
As far as I know, yes. It should work. Its simply a matter of length when it comes to one model to the other.

I think I still have a b-series timing belt lying around in my garage. I will go compare it to the F-series.

Give me a few minutes! :)

tht's what i tot too... only the length and number of teeth is the difference... thanx for the help bro :beer:

S-spec

Reaction score
Hmm...ok, I don't have the time belts, but I did compare the cam gears, and the B-series gears are in fact about 1/16th of an inch wider...so there is probably some truth to the fact that the b timing belt is wider than the f/h one.

(Mind you, I compared H22A to B18B, not B18C1 (GSR) cam gears...so this MAY BE where they are getting info from, it could be that the GSR utilises the thinner timing belt, I really don't know)

And if it IS wider, whether or not its TOO wide, I don't know. :(

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
dang it! i wonder which would be cheaper now:

1. get a H series tensioner OR
2. get a GSR belt and cam gear (and hopefully utilizing the F23 lower timing gear)

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
ok... here's the explaination is got....

if i use the GSR belt, the crank pulley is too big compared to the H23 cam gear

i'm stumped now... and it's not the tensioner problem too

S-spec

Reaction score
Why change pulleys? Order up a GSR belt, and see for urself if its too wide or not. Keep the F23 crank gear, and H22 cam gears, and just have a looksy!

Worst case scenario you return an unused timing belt :)

If you are unable to do this, I will, either today or tomorrow, depending on when I can get the parts from my supplier.

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^^that wat i said, but he's like nooo....... :bash:

why would the crank pulley have anything to do with the timing!!!

worst of all, the shop's like 25 miles away from where i work, and i dun get off till 6 pm.... so, i'll have to depend on the mechanics to figure things out

Back